We are looking for VMware SME for our client in Jackson, MI
Job Title: VMware SME
Job Location: Jackson, MI
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Deal with Hardware vendors like IBM / HP / Dell /. Following up with Vendors hardware& software whenever required & resolve issues by minimizing downtimes.
- Design, Implementation, Commissioning of ESX host platform in large customer environment
- Hands on experience on ESX command line with good troubleshooting skills
- Virtual Center Server management/ ESX/ESXi Patching/Health check and scripting knowledge
- VMware ESX 3.5. 4.0,18.104.22.168
- Base ESX Operating System Build
- Knowledge on ESX servers from command line
- Monitoring and Performance analysis on ESX Servers and VMs
- Patching of ESX severs and VMs with VMware Update manager
- Extensive Knowledge on Site Recovery Manager & VCenter Operation Manager
- Should have good working knowledge of Linux and windows operating systems.
- Well versed with knowledge on Snapshots.
- Allocation of storage spaces to VMs through SAN
- Ability to work with VSPHERE / VMware Consolidated Backup / Virtual machine backups
- Operational experience for large scale virtualization environment, using vCentre for day
- to day management.
- Strong experience with VMware HA/DRS, Update Manager, Site Recovery Manager – Must have understanding of VizionCore Products (like vContol, vFoglight, vConverter etc.
- Performance Analysis and Tuning/Optimization
- Virtual machine creation, cloning, configurations
- Tech handling L3 tickets
- Incident management and preparation of RCA report.
- Problem management.
- Implementing short / long term plan.
- Monitoring overall functioning of process and identify improvement areas.
- Provide all necessary updating on operations as well as on primary task done by Tier 3 resource.
- Actively participate in service improvement plans.
- Act on Day to Day House Keeping tasks by using tools & scripts
- To able to attend calls on calls basis whenever assigned
- Work with Change & Problem Management Tools
- Operational experience for large scale virtualization environment, using vCentre for day to day management.
Nice to Have Skills:
- VCP 5.0 Certification with SAN & NAS background.
- System administration skills on UNIX/Linux/Windows.
- Provide operational support on a 24x7 rotation basis
- Knowledge of Midrange/Highend servers
- Various options of booting the server from GRUB Prompt
- Upgrade Firmware of various components
- Various Methods of OS Deployment (Disk,Kickstart, HTTP, FTP, NFS, Remote console)
- Configuration and administration of Kickstart Server
- Knowledge of various boot method, netboot, NFS, PXE etc.
- HP Blade Servers , supporting C3000/7000 Enclosures Using On Board Administrator for configuration
- Knowledge of nework based file-systems (NFS)
- Knowledge of pseudo filesystems (swapfs, tempfs, cachefs)
- Manage core-dumps
- Experience in Managing Linux on VM hosts
- Knowledge of Access control list
- Preferable Experience on SUSE and redhat Linux
- SSH and GPG keys knowledge
- Knowledge of Volume Manager LVM
- Knowledge of Various Raid Configuration (RAID 0/1/5/0+1/1+0)
- Server update/upgrade and patching
- Restricting access through tcpwraper
- Filtering the access using IP Tables
- Configuration and administration of NFS Server
- Knowledge of mounting the file-systems using AutoFS
- Management and Troubleshooting of atleast one Centralised Authentication Service (NIS, NIS+, LDAP)
- Basic knowledge of Apache virtual hosting
- Suse Linux, offline and Live OS upgrade methods
- Knowledge of Cluster technologyLinux Cluster preferably SUSE
- Good communication skills , able to Manage client independently and comminicate the requirements to offshore Team mates , get the expected work delivered as per client agreement
- Having knowledge of Second OS as Hpunix preferable
- Good in Shell Scripting
- Administration of SAMBA services
- Configuration of NICs bonding