We are looking for VMWare Engineer for our client in Palo Alto, CA
Job Title: VMWare Engineer
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire?
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The VMware Engineer position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work.
- In this role, you will configure, tune, and troubleshoot enterprise scale systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability.
- The successful candidate is an IT professional with extensive hands-on experience with VMware solutions and tools, including VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vROPS, vRealize Automation. Inaddition to superb technical skills, the candidate must have a strong customer service orientation and excellent communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP/ VCDX)
- Have at least 7 years of experience in administration, upgrading, replication and maintenance of a medium to large VMWare ESX and other virtualization technologies (version 5.5 or above)
- Hands on experience with VMware solutions and tools including VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vROPS, vRealize Automation
- Have working knowledge of automation tools like Chef/Ansible/Puppet
- Familiar with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions to simplify internal processes and streamline automation.
- Experience with hybrid-cloud environments (vCloud Air) implementation.
- Experience in NSX deployment will be a plus
- Experience in large multi-cluster VMware environments; previous work in a globally distributed VMware environment helpful.
- Strong communication and people skills, both written and verbal
- Prefer a candidate to have previous healthcare IT background.
- Design, document and build complex virtualization solutions - including server, storage and network. Identifies problems; systems upgrades/patches, installation procedures, reviews procedures and work flow, evaluates data, defines information requirements.
- Configuration, deployment and management of VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vROPS, vRealize Automation
- Advises Manager on equipment requirements and problem areas and makes recommendations for solution of problems
- Provide necessary project, system and technical documentation in a timely manner.