Our infrastructure team is filled with icons with a demonstrated passion for solving nearly impossible problems. You will get to work with a group of engineers building and supporting innovative software solutions for the complex healthcare industry. As forward-thinking technologists, we are creative in everything we do and have a voracious thirst for learning new technologies.
The VMware Engineer position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. In this role, you will configure, tune, and troubleshoot enterprise scale systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability.
The successful candidate is an IT professional with extensive hands-on experience with VMware solutions and tools, including VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vROPS, vRealize Automation. In addition to superb technical skills, the candidate must have a strong customer service orientation and excellent communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP/ VCDX)
- Have at least 7 years of experience in administration, upgrading, replication, and maintenance of a medium to large VMWare ESX and other virtualization technologies (version 5.5 or above)
- Hands on experience with VMware solutions and tools including VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vROPS, vRealize Automation
- Have working knowledge of automation tools like Chef/Ansible/Puppet
- Familiar with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions to simplify internal processes and streamline automation.
- Experience with hybrid-cloud environments (vCloud Air) implementation.
- Experience in NSX deployment will be a plus
- Experience in large multi-cluster VMware environments; previous work in a globally distributed VMware environment helpful.
- Strong communication and people skills, both written and verbal
- Prefer a candidate to have previous healthcare IT background.
- Design, document, and build complex virtualization solutions - including server, storage, and network. Identifies problems; systems upgrades/patches, installation procedures, review procedures and workflow, evaluate data, defines information requirements.
- Tests system solutions in simulated production environment, debug; documents applications with outlines, narrative descriptions, and systems manuals; installs applications, trains users, and monitors systems for function and efficiency
- Maintains and refines routine and/or complex information systems and programs; trains users in systems applications and interprets results, responds to and resolves user problems, completes technical enhancements and modifications of and updates existing programs, maintains system files
- Configuration, deployment, and management of VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vROPS, vRealize Automation
- Advises Manager on equipment requirements and problem areas and makes recommendations for solution of problems
- Provide necessary project, system and technical documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains focus on client satisfaction and expectation management.
- Mentors and trains team members on working in the collaborative environment.?