The Callidus environment is dynamic, innovative and growing! To support our growth we are seeking a VMWare Engineer to join our high-performance team.
- Monitor the health and analyze performance of the virtualization environment.
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve the overall performance of vSphere.
- Hardware build-out to expand and refresh available physical resources.
- Identify realignment needs of resources to correct under provisioned and overprovisioned virtual systems.
- Recommend best practices for design and installation of new virtual platforms.
- Test, upgrade, and migrate virtual environment as new versions of software and hardware become available.
- Create and document procedures regarding virtualization standards within the organization.
- Under minimal direction, performs basic analysis, design, implementation and maintenance activities in various areas of IT
- Formulates and/or defines scope and objectives of feasibility studies.
- Works independently and leads assignments of moderate to medium complexity.
- Consistently applies the concepts of appropriate standard methodologies and best practices.
- Prepares reports, records progress and creates solutions to IT problems/issues.
- Partners with customer community to devise or modify procedures to solve complex
- problems or improve existing processes.
- Interfaces with suppliers and vendors as needed to evaluate software, hardware or services and makes recommendations
- BS or equivalent and nine years related experience, or MS and seven years related experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing private cloud environments as well as developing highly available virtualization environments including defining monitoring standards, operational procedures and growth plans required
- Strong Hardware And Software Troubleshooting Skills Required
- Technical competency with identified hardware platforms preferred: Dell, Cisco UCS and emerging technologies
- Experience with Enterprise storage technologies i.e. Pure, EMC VMAX, VNX
- Experience with additional VMware tools (e.g., vRealize Operations, View, Site Recovery Manager) a plus
- Ability to use command line and scripting tools such as PowerShell or PowerCLI a plus