The System Administrator candidate will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems as well as manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems and provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. The selected candidate will also provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. The candidate will also be expected to configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Participate in a rotating On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support.
- VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments.
- Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
- Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software
- Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs
- Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network design
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Supports and provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.Candidate must be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI clearance
- A minimum of eight (8) years of System Administration experience is required
- (Note: A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience)
- (Note: A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Master's degree in related field is desired
Required skills include:
- Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management.
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance or program leadership
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
- Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments.
- Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM Desired Skills:
- Strong knowledge of VMware to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite
- Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN
- Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
- Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure VMware services and applications
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required
- Desired Certification(s): VMware Certified Professional (VCP).