The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current cleanfinancial background.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting, system hardware, installation, firmware patching, and VMware software patching.
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and 3rd party plug-ins
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Standard and Distributed Switches
- Experience with running administrative reports in VMware
- Create and Maintain SOP’s and train junior staff as necessary
- Responsible for the health of the production server infrastructure
- Provide 24X7 support as needed
- Experience with running administrative reports in using vRealize Operation Manager.
- Strong hands-on experience with HP rack mount and HP Blade servers.
- Experience working with vCenter server appliance 6.0 is plus
- Experience working with VMware Platform Services Controller appliance in vSphere 6.0 is plus
- Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
- Self-motivated; proactive; a team player; well spoken
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceed expected quality of service on maintenance & deployment of upgrades, enhancements and modifications to systems
- Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately
- Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.
- Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting
- Must have 6 plus years VMware ESXi 5.x experience
- Must have demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
- Experience with vCAC is a plus