We are looking for VMware Admin for our client in Birmingham, AL
Job Title: VMware Admin
Job Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Strong Knowledge of VMware 5.5, 6.0 & vCenter 6.0 and above
- Knowledge on AD Domain Controllers, DNS, WINS, DHCP servers
- Should have worked with OEM hardware (DELL/HP/IBM), & remote connectivity tools
- Should have worked with more than one patching & antivirus tools
- Good experience on installation, configuration and managing VMWare environment. Setup and
- configure HA, VMotion, DRS
- Good Proficiency in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery
- Capacity planning and Fine tune system for optimal performance
- In-depth knowledge on working of ESX Server & vCenter Server [formally Virtual Center]
- Document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into
- knowledge base.
- Practical Linux systems administration skills would be added advantage
- Backup / Disaster Recovery Management
- Automated Installation ESX and Linux guests with kickstart
- Day to Day system administration of VMware, Linux, AIX and Solaris
- Perform Storage Allocation and Shares to Microsoft Windows, Linux and UNIX servers
- SAN/NAS Infrastructure in the enterprise to include SAN/NAS Storage arrays, SAN Network
- Equipment and Cabling, Backup and Recovery Hardware and Software
- Solutions utilizing HDS, EMC UNITY, EMC VMAX, EMC VNX, NetApp Storage Systems
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and disaster recovery of storage solutions
- Perform in-depth support, administrative functions and performance management for storage
- controllers in multiprotocol environments.
- Storage and Backup Configurations to match application and BCP availability and recovery
- Manage and administrator storage support for VMware Hosts and implement High-availability
- Configure for routine disaster recovery scenarios and manage storage policies and standards.
- Answering technical queries from other IT support teams (DB, App Development, Networking etc.)
- Designing, recommending and deploying emerging storage technologies
- Contributes to the design and support of enterprise SAN, NAS and Backup systems including but not limited to technical architecture, stability and Platforms.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the enterprise storage and
- backup infrastructure and configurations.
- Instill commitment to quality, customer service, ownership and teamwork
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health,
- Safety & Security requirements and standards.
- Identify and initiate continuous improvements
- Monitor the build queue and respond to all build (storage and server) related queries in timely manner.
- Manage Defects relating to storage allocation and deallocation
- VMware certifications
- Storage Certifications in EMC (Unity, VNX), NetApp or Hitachi (HDS)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Window Server 2016, 2012, 2008, a plus. Microsoft O/S certifications a plus