Do you have a passion for data visualization in 2D and 3D? Do you want to eat, sleep, and breathe bits and pixels? The Graphics Team in Product Development is looking for new recruits to help them bring the next generation of ArcGIS to life!
Product engineers are involved in every step of the software development life cycle. They are the digital shepherds who guide new features, functions, and critical bug fixes home to our users. In this position, you’ll work with developers and other product engineers to evaluate functionality, triage and investigate customer issues, tweak automated tests in various harnesses, and even code new test fixtures to help us build a better ArcGIS.
- Learn existing product technologies and troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Collaborate with development programmers on software project teams to build new functionality for current and future 2D and 3D graphics engines
- Test and document the ArcGIS graphics engine for use by other Esri development teams
- Build and maintain test scenarios that validate ArcGIS graphics engine functionality
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to establish and define requirements and translate them into new software design
- Knowledge of the software development process and experience using an application development language (such as C++, Java, C#, or Visual Basic)
- Analytical problem-solving ability
- Good organizational skills and an ability to multitask and collaborate with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Working knowledge of computer graphics APIs such as DirectX and OpenGL
- Working knowledge of graphics interchange file formats such as PDF, JPEG, and PNG
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS products and online services or other GIS products