We are looking for Visual / UI Designer or our client in Washington, DC
Job Title: Visual / UI Designer
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Our team is looking for a Visual /UI Designer with a strong working knowledge of visual design and user-centered design processes.
- Someone who has experience working in enterprise design environments and/or creating/managing design systems.
- The Visual /UI Designer needs to be both creative and have a modular mentality to be able to work within the constraints of established branding.
- This means knowing when to introduce new components or use existing ones in the system in order to maximize their efficiency and minimize time building new components that are not broadly applicable/reusable.
- Help to create design systems for our various product lines by standardizing and systematizing modular design elements.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create designs for new digital products following corporate style guide and branding guidelines.
- Conduct design reviews of new digital products and make recommendations on overall design direction and branding.
- Provide design support to many internal stakeholders throughout the different stages of product life cycles.
- Build consensus among internal stakeholders around visual design and information architecture.
- Work with developers to ensure design integrity through the development process
- Translate user stories into sitemaps, flows, wireframes and prototypes of user experiences.
- Use an evidence-based approach to deliver user experience and design options.
- Be familiar with, and stay current on, design best practices and standards.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use enterprise mobile and web applications.
- Create data-driven designs that incorporate user feedback from usability testing, research, and analytics.
- Bachelor?s degree, preferably in Visual Design, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field
- Strong portfolio of past work.
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience designing web/mobile/digital interfaces
- Demonstrable experience creating and working with design systems.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design tools, particularly Sketch, Adobe XD and InVision. Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferable.
- Experience creating data-driven designs in collaboration with user researchers.
- Experience working with front-end developers to ensure design integrity during implementation.
- Proven experience creating responsive design templates and mobile web applications.
- Strong design skills, good grasp of visual hierarchy and ability to create clean designs that follow best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Strong knowledge of Information Architecture principles and best practices, and ability to create organized, intuitive interfaces.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.