Location: San Diego, CA
The Virtual Reality Human Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for developing training support materials and products, including analysis reports, design documents, instructional content and courseware (according to the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation phases of the ADDIE instructional design model). The VR-HSI Engineers will help assure the quality of products acquired by EODTEU ONE prior to government acceptance and approval. The VR-HSI Engineers will be capable of independent judgement with the ability to provide adaptive analytical thinking. Furthermore, these personnel must incorporate those capabilities within a working knowledge of ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical virtual reality platforms and their associated manufacturing processes. The VR-HI Engineer will assist EODTEUONE in the evaluation of ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical virtual reality platforms and advise on best concepts, techniques and technologies to accelerate learning of the approved EODTEU ONE curriculum.
- Analyze ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical video performance outcomes and observations on platform content, scheduling and delivery in order to recommend and implement changes.
- Human performance and technical analysis (i.e. storage, processing, and dissemination) of lessons learned reports, technology recommendations, and data (raw and analyzed). Human performance, technical analysis and recommendations should be forwarded to government personnel (EODTEU, EODGRU).
- Use collected data to make recommendations to government personnel for improving future platform iterations. This may be done on government-provided computing resources.
- Ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical video protocol implementations with regards to the technical aspects of training or operating in an environment with potentially reactive materials, taking place at local training venues as well as Navy EOD training sites in Darwin Wash, SLC, VA Beach, and others.
- Other facilitation requirements include: Aid in obtaining and maintaining divisional professional knowledge library, aid with the coordination of military, civilian and/or contracted instructors communicate with national labs, academic labs and other general administration as required.
- Required to travel to both local and remote training sites. While this person would have a technical background and be an SME in their field, they would need to be integrated into the EOD community and learn our TTPs. They would be required to China Lake FTX; and various other training venues and conferences relevant to virtual reality. Estimate 25% travel time.
- Plan, manage and organize any ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical technology product update efforts.
- Conduct periodic surveys of ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical video events and ascertain utility of technology. The purpose of this support is to continually improve the existing curriculum. This support will also determine training capability gaps, make recommendations to correct deficiencies and update training materials as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of 3D tools such as 3DS MAX, MAYA, Autodesk 3D, Zbrush.
- Development of realistic ocular viewed photorealistic spherical environments and textured 3D assets.
- Capable of implementing 3D Art assets efficiently and allow for rapid iteration of application design efforts.
- Proficient with deriving 3D math and shader development.
- Create and maintain algorithms or scripts to support engineering optimization of photorealistic spherical ocular viewed videos.
- Utilize photogrammetry, computer aided design and photorealistic spherical filming to create interactive simulations.
- Develop and maintain computer programs using C++, C#, Python, MATLAB Unity and other programming languages to support CAD/engineering, Virtual Reality and Additive Manufacturing.
- Developed hardware and software configurations to support system designs
- Coordination and scheduling of training courses of instruction.
- Ability to coordinate with external EOD commands and HHQs.
- Strong communication skills that can utilize military specific language and acronyms.
- Possess or qualify for a SECRET Security Clearance.