The Ciena Blue Planet software division is seeking a Visual Interaction Lead Architect on a Permanent Full-Time basis. The Blue Planet software suite provides a powerful combination of orchestration, policy, and analytics capabilities for end-to-end, intelligent service automation and network operations.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in various aspects of user experience product design, with a strong focus on visual interaction design and prototyping. We're looking for an articulate, passionate designer who will contribute to targeted high-level UX design solutions for carrier grade network management software. The candidate’s ability to deliver compelling, high-fidelity illustrations; sketches; code-ready graphics and icons; prototypes and simulations; as well as presentations to communicate ideas and guiding principles for usable, accessible and gratifying user experiences will be a deciding factor in our selection decision. You will work with UX architects, Visual Interaction designers, systems analysts, product line managers, UI front-end developers, marketing/brand management, and other stakeholders to create and specify the user experience of the entire Blue Planet software suite
- Collaborating with software development teams, UX professionals, and decision makers via design envisioning and definition phases as well as other mechanisms to ensure the products being developed deliver a customer focused Blue Planet user experience.
- Working with Blue Planet software engineering groups to help foster consistency, adherence to GUI standards, and improved usability across the product suite.
- Produce effective user interface and visual designs that apply and extend the Ciena Blue Planet visual language and strategy.
- Develop low and high-fidelity simulations of design concepts and interaction strategies
- Fostering and maintaining strong professional relationships with members of Ciena’s User Experience, Product Management, Software and Hardware Development teams
What you can expect from us:
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- If suitable, you will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
- University Degree in Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Multimedia Arts, Architecture, Computer Graphics, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Must have at least 10 years experience with interactive media design and/or application software interface design focused on creating User Interface or Visual Interaction designs and solutions
- Must understand user behavior as it relates to design.
- Must have demonstrated fluency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Balsamiq, Sketch, or other design tools.
- Must have demonstrated experience with prototyping/simulation tools and environments, such as Adobe Flash, Adobe Flex, Axure, Principle, Visual-Basic, etc.
- Must have intimate knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and an understanding of how compositions translate to code in order to deliver feasible & achievable design implementations.
- Must have demonstrable understanding of software graphic creation, and the software development process for both web-client and compiled-client applications.
- Must have demonstrable understanding of the user centered design process and user interface design principles including definition of functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through wireframes, site-maps, process flowcharts, page description diagrams, and other supporting documentation.
- Must have experience in delivering code-ready visual artifacts for GUI development
- Must be familiar with user interface design patterns and creating visually rich user interfaces
- Should have experience developing commercial applications in a large distributed team environment
- Should have a solid grasp of 2D and 3D graphics fundamentals and how they appear in a software product across variable screen resolutions.
- Must possess a professional, credible, demeanor.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Should be wildly creative and obsessively meticulous.
- Lead and participate in software design, development, validation, and documentation review to deliver high quality, functionally excellent product
- Work with Product Line Management team to assess strategic market directions and customer requirements
- Participate in early product demonstrations to customers
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, and internal cross-functional teams and to work across geographies and time zones
- Leadership skills to independently take initiative and to innovate as part of a team, demonstrating good judgment in generating and evaluating alternative approaches to address business and technical challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with product cycles and deployment requirements for carrier class products in Service Provider customer environments
- Experience in product design for a mobile/touch user experience, e.g., iOS or Android would be considered a definite asset.
Tracking Code R006289