Design is core to eero’s identity. Every detail – the product’s physical form, our packaging, our simple and intuitive app, even the company’s name – reflects this. We’re setting our sights on new horizons and growing the team to build products and services that make the most of the connectivity that eero wifi offers.
As a Visual Designer on the Product Design team, you’ll be responsible for the look and feel and of one or more eero products, working across mobile apps, devices and the web. You will know how to fuse iconography, typography, color, space and texture together with interaction to help make the eero experience both beautiful and accessible. Your colleagues will be our product, brand and industrial designers, product managers, and software and hardware developers.
You will also help us evolve our design language into a scalable system that spans multiple types of product. Lastly, you should be familiar with user-centered design methodologies, and have experience incorporating insights from research into your design work.
What you’ll do:
- Design and help build the visual experience of one or more eero products
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design
- Define and extend visual language that spans hardware and software
- Integrate user feedback and brand requirements into your work
- Create, iterate and maintain design documentation
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams from product, engineering, customer experience and marketing
- Create production-ready assets
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 4-6years designing and shipping digital products including for iOS, Android, web apps, and/or hardware
- Has expert level proficiency in visual design and illustration; skilled at interaction design
- Has impeccable taste and great intuition and can set a high quality bar that everyone can rally around
- Shows strong technical and marketing and brand acumen
- Has a record of taking on significant leadership responsibility above and beyond the defined requirements of previous jobs
- Has a deep knowledge of human centered design and can advocate for it effectively
- Motion design skills
- Experience with the entire design process, from defining business goals, conducting user research, defining concepts to prototyping and development
- Experienceworking on connected home products and services
- Experienceworking at a startup / small company
- Experienceworking at a design consultancy