Do you love entertainment publicity? Are you an avid fan of film and docs? Are you incredibly organized and always trying to solve problems and make things run more efficiently and effectively? Do you enjoy behind behind-the-scenes content and find yourself flipping through your favorite entertainment magazine captivated by the photos? If you answered yes to the above, we may have the perfect job for you…
We are seeking an individual to support the Visual Communications team responsible for strategic publicity campaigns driven by creative materials – photography, featurettes, clips, etc. This role requires knowledge and experience in film productions, data asset management, asset trafficking/archiving and project management as a member of the Netflix Originals Publicity team.
To be successful in this role, you must be a well organized, self motivated, problem solver. A team player who is able to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager for new challenges and to grow their skill set. They use thoughtful judgement to make strategic decisions and drive their colleagues to do the same. They must be comfortable speaking their mind (even in larger groups).
This job is based in Los Angeles, CA and reports to the Visual Communications Manager, Originals Publicity.
Here at Netflix, we hire fully formed adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Administrative duties including: scheduling/calendar management, travel booking support, updating key department documents and budget/invoice management
- Assist in updating the Netflix media center and provide general site support
- Support efforts on the Originals Publicitycampaigns- including photography, creative content and publicity screenings
- Assist with asset management and servicing of material both internally and externally as needed
- Oversee in gathering and organizing photography/video content needed for events and multi-title efforts for original film team
- Facilitate clip license agreements
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years experience at a network, studio or creative agency
- Strategic thought partner
- Strong team player/Self Motivated
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong eye for producing visual assets
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Understanding of usage licenses and embargos
- Has a strong interest in enhancing their knowledge of photography and video production
- Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Premiere and Pro is preferred
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A Smart Minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice pace and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.