The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the decomposition of requirements, generation and allocation of specifications, control documents, plans and reports in support of spacecraft integration and development projects.
- Support programs from the early phases of program capture through integration, test, and software deployment.
- Perform system engineering activities including but not limited to requirements identification, verification and tracking, interface definition and Interface Control Document (ICD) development, working with design organizations and cross-functional teams, supporting Integration and Test.
- Ensure the system level integration design meets program requirements.
- Lead preparation and conduct of major technical reviews, including design and test readiness reviews; may serve as a technical interface to customer or other stakeholder organizations.
- Author technical and engineering memos and presentations as required.
- Interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Support system and subsystem checkout during the engineering phase by authoring test plans and procedures for verifying operation of system and subsystem components during integration and test.
- Develop verification/validation methodologies.
- Provide technical systems knowledge or expertise in design reviews.
- Guide a systems engineering team in fulfilling these systems engineering requirements and with performing other integration tasks.
- Perform all other assigned duties
- Possess knowledge of product development, product and system integration, and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of the International Space Station and its subsystems along with one or more of its visiting vehicles (Cygnus, Dragon, CST-100, Dream Chaser, HTV, Soyuz, Progress, Shuttle).
- Project management or other leadership experience.
- Previous experience with innovation or process improvements.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering practices associated with the definition, design, development, implementation, testing, and integration of complex systems.
- Experience with technical issue resolution
- Excellent communication skills (in both written and verbal), integration, coordination and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Knowledge of ISS boards and panels organization
- Familiarity with export control and data rights
- Real time support, including simulations and missions
- INCOSE Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP).
- Experience with product lifecycle management (PLM) software
- Experience with DOORS requirements management software or other requirements management software
- Experience with Rhapsody or other systems modeling software
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of appropriate and progressive experience.