Virtualization Systems Administrator - IT Infrastructure Services
As Virtualization Systems Administrator, you will administer the virtual server environment including hardware, network and software infrastructure components. Additionally you will design, install and configure virtualization systems, monitor systems activities and fine tune system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensure security of systems, guide the installation and monitoring of applications in a virtual environment, and maintain the hypervisor infrastructure to include internal and customer facing components. You will also develop and maintain operating procedures which support the infrastructure systems environment. You will be responsible for recommending and implementing procedures required for effective use of infrastructure systems resources as well as educating customers on the proper use of virtual resources and assisting with optimizing the environment to fit their needs.
*This posting represents two vacancies.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of three years of related IT experience.
- In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- At least five years systems administrator experience in a LANnetworking/distributed computing environment supporting operating systems or enterprise infrastructure systems.
- Enterprise experience will include supporting interoperation of servers, storage, and networking infrastructure underlying complex multi-tiered applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- At least one year of experiencesupporting enterprise systems involving components designed for service delivery to customer bases in excess of 1000 client systems.
- VMware ESX, Hyper-V, or other hypervisor experience.
- Enterprise experience in storage administration, network administration, systems monitoring, capacity planning, and automation.
- Extensive knowledge of computer operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and use programming and scriptinglanguages used in the automation of systems administration.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work without supervision on daily tasks and projects.
- Able to work productively as part of a team to complete larger projects.
- This posting represents two vacancies.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.