Integral to the Nutanix software stack is the Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). AHV is an enterprise-grade hypervisor tailor-made for Nutanix's software solution and has reliability, performance and scalability characteristics proven to be capable of meeting the demands of the toughest enterprise and private cloud workloads. AHV is built from open-source technologies including KVM, qemu, Open vSwitch and libvirt.
- Design and develop new AHV features.
- Fix problems and maintain AHV features.
- Constantly push towards making AHV highly reliable, performant and secure.
- Interact with open source communities.
- Be passionate about datacenter management problems and strive to come up with innovative solutions.
- Leading the development of features from concept to market.
- Mentoring other software engineers.
- Extensive knowledge of OS internals, particularly UNIX/Linux.
- Good experience in C and Python programming languages
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, storage and network management.
- Debugging experience across hardware and platform firmware.
- Experience in Linux driver maintenance.
- Ability to work with open source communities is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or related.
- 10+ years of industry experience, with 4+ years of related kernel / drivers experience on x86.
- Skilled in C/C++, multi-threading, algorithms, data structures on Linux.
- Strong debugging skills in linux kernel mode.
- Experience developing software for Unix/Linux/BSD operating systems at the kernel level.
- Device driver development experience in Unix/Linux/BSD environments.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and software design principles.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player, with the willingness to work with globally distributed teams.
- Outstanding attitude and energy.