ManTech is seeking a Virtualization Engineer to support the engineering, design, implementation, configuration, and maintenance of the Windows and Linux server infrastructure and VMware vSphere environment, as well as recommend solutions to meet other existing and future requirements while remaining compliant with the required security accreditation standards.
This position will provide support to our Marine Corps Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Enterprise (MCISRE) contract in Stafford, VA.
ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
- Design and implement architectures for creating and provisioning a hyper-converged cloud-based architecture with physical and virtual secure servers of multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications and databases using VMWare (ESXi, vCenter), Windows (2012 R2, 2016, 10), and RHEL7
- Design and implement virtual servers and create a management plan for managing them through VMware vCenter and vRealize Automation (VRA)
- Design and implement SAN and virtualized storage and create a management plan for managing them through VMware vCenter
- Design and implement VDI thin client system solution using VMWare Horizonview or other virtual desktop environment solution
- Support security administration (group policy and permissions; vulnerability scans, audits, and mitigations; patch management)
- Implement Group Policy Objects (GPO), DISA STIGs, ePO and ACAS implementations and continuous monitoring
- Support design and implement backup/disaster recovery solutions
- Perform capacity planning and assist with storage forecasting
- Support design and implementation of storage and provisioning storage solutions
- Perform task automation through the creation of scripts using languages such as Python, Powershell, etc.
- Support the installation, integration, and management of application development, test, and evaluation environment tools and services such as web service registries using OpenStack, Hyper-V, and/or ESXi infrastructure
- Create Rack Elevation, Network, Power, and other Technical Data Package artifacts
- Produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing networking and operational procedures and LAN/WAN topology
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem resolution
- Remain abreast of technology advancements for future software and hardware implementations
- Install, configure, and maintain computer and network operating system and application software
- Bachelor’s Degree (+5 years’ experience), Associate’s Degree (+7 years’ experience), or High School Diploma (+12 years’ experience)
- 8570 IAT Level I certification
- Working experience in the following:
- Configuring and deploying Microsoft Windows and Linux servers using Windows Deployment Services or VMware templates
- Virtualized server design, implementation, and administration (VMware, Hyper-V/Windows 2016)
- Virtualized network and storage design, implementation, and administration
- Security administration (group policy and permissions; vulnerability scans, audits, and mitigations; patch management
- Implementing and supporting enterprise system monitoring tools
- Performing system hardening through STIG review, GPO, and scripts
- Windows scripting language (PowerShell or VBScript)
- Experience with general administration of storage including management and monitoring and storage architecture in a cloud environment
- Ensuring proper documentation, coordination and maintenance of multiple systems
Experience in at least four (3) of the following:
- Set-up, configuration and support of internal and external networks
- Identifying and analyzing systems requirements
- Developing and maintaining system applications and security
- Developing and maintaining network configurations.
- Troubleshooting network performances issues
- Providing user support and guidance
- Recommending and implementing upgrades, patches, new applications and new equipment
- Developing and maintaining disaster recovery placeOther preferred skills:
- Puppet, Chef, and/or Docker for automating provisioning and deployment of services, applications, and virtual infrastructure
- Splunk for audit and log management
- Experience with Dell / EMC Isilon, Unity, and Data Domain systems.