The Lead Converged Engineer will:
- Lead a project team of co-workers to develop and deliver of a hyper-converged strategy that supports IaaS and PaaS consumption models.
- Lead development efforts and support a large-scale hyper-converged virtual environment hosting platform consisting of Windows and Linux virtual servers.
- Support internal enterprise desktop and server users worldwide, including troubleshooting and problem resolution for the ESXi operating system, vSAN Software Defined Storage (SDS) solution and underlying hardware.
- Build strong, positive relationships with internal team members, related engineering and operations teams and business application developers.
- Lead the implementation of an agile work environment.
- Lead automation efforts to automate common tasks and innovate the delivery of hyper-converged infrastructure enabled services that satisfy a diverse range of internal customers.
Sr. Converged Engineers will provide consulting services to clients across the Enterprise, with the ability to understand and assimilate the most complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes.
- Internal candidates must have good attendance and a clean disciplinary record; and
- Internal candidates must be a Band D or E level with a consistent performance rating; and
- 5+ years and expert level experience working on VMware vSphere specifically in the installation, configuration, patching, maintenance, upgrade and administration of a virtualization infrastructure; and
- Must have experience in managing and administering a virtual infrastructure with a minimum footprint of 5000 virtual machines; and
- Must have 3 years experience managing capacity within a virtual environments; and
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the following technologies:
- ESXi 6.0 and above
- vCenter VCSA 6.0 and above
- Experience with basic administration of Windows and/or Red Hat Linux servers
- Server hardware administration experience
- Cluster Builds (Design/Deployment)
- Storage Administration and Technologies
- Network Administration and Technologies
- Certification in VMware Data Center Virtualization – i.e. VCP DCV
- Certification in VMware Cloud Automation – i.e. VCP CMA
- Direct experienceworking with Software Defined Storage
- 3+ years experience in a managed services environment
- 2+ years automation experience using a configuration management technology such as Puppet/Ansible/Chef
- Experience in a scriptinglanguage such as Python/Ruby/Perl/Powershell
- 1 Year experience of scripting Rest AIP calls.
- Familiarity with emerging hyper-converged infrastructure technologies
- 1+ years experience of working in a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS, or work experience equivalent