Join our IT engineering team responsible for the infrastructure of a mixed use data center supporting integrations, testing, and cybersecurity of the DCGS-A family of products. In the IT team we design and implement infrastructure that increases scalability and performance of the services that support our integrations organization.
As a Virtualization Networking Specialist, you will be part of a team that designs and develops infrastructure to further evolve the Web Oriented Architecture to enable continuous improvement of DCGS-A products. Specifically, you will:
- Provide IaaS and PaaS support for the integrations organization.
- Operate in a hybrid cloud environment working with VMware (ESXi 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, and 6.0), (vCloud 5.5), and Openstack,
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on VMware Virtual Networking within our development environments
- Enhance existing automation environments and streamline provisioning.
- Assist in maintaining and monitor hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, UCS blade storage, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure.
- Assist in research, selection and implementation of virtualization and storage solutions.
- A Technical Bachelor's degree and 9 years of professional work experience is required. (No substitution for degree)
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization in a DoD environment
- Must be capable of performing networkengineering functions including: conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
- Must be experienced in assessing evolving user needs, translating those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- Must be knowledgeable in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
- Proficient in solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- At least 2 years’ experience with either VMware (ESXi 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 6.0), (vCloud 5.5), or Openstack
- Must be self-starter, willing to take complete ownership of complex technical problems
- Should be able to think clearly and articulate with appropriate level of abstraction his/her thought process on complex technological issues
- Current DoD 8570 IAT level II baseline security certification (i.e. Security+CE)
- Active TS-SCI Clearance
- DoD 8570 Fully Compliant with formal Computing Environment certification (i.e. CCNA, CCNP, VCP-DCV, VCP-NX, Microsoft, Linux, ect.)
- Experience with CISCO UCS / Flexpod™
- Direct experience with networking multiple storage technologies working in tandem i.e NETAPP, Hitachi, and flash based SAN.
About The Organization
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national securitytechnology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.