As a member of the Virtualization / Private Cloud team, the candidate will play a key role in designing and supporting the SRP Private Cloud. The Virtual Server/Cloud Automation Engineer works closely with other Infrastructure engineering teams. This individual will be responsible for the management, architecture, and configuration of the VMware infrastructure and the development and support of all automation and orchestration process workflows. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the team on issues related to the configuration and monitoring of mission-critical information systems maximizing service quality for the organization as measured through key indicators.
- Support automation scripts and integrations across infrastructure stack
- Support the VMware Automation stack of products (vRealize Suite)
- Support the Installation and Configuration of ESXi Servers and vCenter Servers
- Deploy Virtual Machines and use Clones, Snapshots, Templates
- Health Check for VMs and ESX Host, Present / Assign NFS Volumes to ESX Host
- Configuring and understanding HA, Use of DRS, Backups, and vMotion
- Strong knowledge of VMware disaster recovery concepts
- Good experience on installation, configuration and managing VMWare environment
- Document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Knowledge on VMware Datacenter and Management Products like vSphere, vCenter, vROPs, vSAN, vRA & vRO, & NSX.
- Proficient in Microsoft OS and Red Hat Linux
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 2012/ 2016 Server and trouble shooting skills;
- Should have worked with OEM hardware (HPE/Cisco), & remote connectivity tools
- Good working experience on monitoring tools – Spectrum, ServiceNow, SCOM, and vROPS
- Capacity planning and Fine tune system for optimal performance
- Support networking components related to VMware stack
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
- Prefer 10+ years of experience that includes 5+ years of VM administration, 5+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in managing and maintaining a medium/large environment (at least 1000+ Servers) and 2+ years of advanced scriptingexperience
- Requires advanced scripting knowledge such as Powershell, Java Script, & RestAPI
- Worked on production systems with experience related to ITIL (Chance, Incident, and Request Management Processes)
- Experience supporting multiple data centers
- Storage management techniques, protocols, and technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering / SQL Always-On/ Oracle a plus
- Experience with cloud offerings (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
- Understanding of Hyper-Converged technologies