Who You Are
As part of this role, successful candidates will:
- Design and deliver Security solutions towards customer & partner pre-sales requests.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Execute pre-sales Systems Engineering deliverables, promoting the business and technical value of Cisco’s Security Architectures.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects, as well as offer technical and consultative sales support.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Channel partners and ecosystem partners
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal resources such as Business Units, Customer Advocacy Sales and Delivery, and SE technical specialists
- Maintain expertise in relevant competitive solutions, products, and services in the Security marketplace.
- Actively participate as a Security specialist in SE Virtual Teams and provide consultative support.
- Provide Security solution training and coaching for early in carrier engineers
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience in cyber security field
- Specialized Security experience/knowledge including Network Security (Firewalls/NGIPS) and an understanding of the Security Threat Landscape
- Utilizing various Open Source Security tools such as Snort, Bro, Security Onion, etc.
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, cyber security or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Working in a Virtual environment utilizing various communication methods and products to connect with customers
- Experience utilizing shell scripting and programming languages
- Relevant Industry certifications including Cisco CCIE/CCNP, CISSP, GIAC, etc. a plus
- Sales experience a definite plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco