What You’ll Do
As a member of the Virtual Systems Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success organization, you will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
The Virtual Systems Engineer is responsible for all aspects of technical sales, providing deep technical coverage across the Cisco Security portfolio, as well as solution design across the overall Security Architecture. As a bonus, you’ll also work with amazing people and collaborate with peers to teach and learn using real-time web conferencing and video collaboration tools.
Who You’ll Work With
In Global Virtual Engineering, you will be part of a highly dynamic and collaborative team of technology sales specialists. You will be driving Cisco technology architectures, helping our customers achieve their business outcomes through the use of technology, and be able to inspire the next generation of Systems Engineering talent at Cisco.
Our team is dynamic, full of expertise, and fun to be around. Each engineer on the team has specialization in at least one area of Cisco technology, including Security, Data Center, Cloud, Service Provider, Internet of Everything, Collaboration, and Enterprise Networks (Route/Switch and Mobility). In this position, you will be working alongside other technology experts to help position Cisco Security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
You will discover a creative, flexible and award-winning work environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams can adapt quickly to respond to market changes and are highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
As part of this role, successful candidates will:
- Design and deliver Security solutions towards customer & partner pre-sales requests.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Execute pre-sales Systems Engineering deliverables, promoting the business and technical value of Cisco’s Security Architectures.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects, as well as offer technical and consultative sales support.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Channel partners and ecosystem partners
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal resources such as Business Units, Customer Advocacy Sales and Delivery, and SE technical specialists
- Maintain expertise in relevant competitive solutions, products, and services in the Security marketplace.
- Actively participate as a Security specialist in SE Virtual Teams and provide consultative support.
- Provide Security solution training and coaching for early in carrier engineers
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience in cyber security field
- Specialized Security experience/knowledge including Network Security (Firewalls/NGIPS) and an understanding of the Security Threat Landscape
- Utilizing various Open Source Security tools such as Snort, Bro, Security Onion, etc.
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, cyber security or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Working in a Virtual environment utilizing various communication methods and products to connect with customers
- Experience utilizing shell scripting and programming languages
- Relevant Industry certifications including Cisco CCIE/CCNP, CISSP, GIAC, etc. a plus
- Sales experience a definite plus