$150K — $200K *
UKG is looking to hire a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineer to join the VDI Global Support Team. This position is responsible for designing, developing, supporting, and maintaining the VMware Horizon VDI platform, underlying infrastructure, client operating systems, authentication, system configuration, 3rd party software client installations, security patches and updates. In addition, maintain a high level of security and ensure that the VDI service is reliable and scalable and can meet the business demands and evolve technologies and solutions as they become available. This will require excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills as well as being self-motivated.
• Design, develop, support, maintain and test:
○ VMware Horizon Cloud VDI platform and underlying infrastructure
○ Windows and Linux VDI desktop images.
○ AD, LDAP, Group Policy Objects and/or other policies
○ Application delivery and App Volumes
○ User Access Gateway and Dynamic Environment Manager
● Maintain a high level of security through policies, processes, security patches, system configuration and updates
● Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in VMware Horizon and other VDI solutions, vCenter, physical and cloud infrastructures (Azure, Google Cloud)
● Writes scripts and programs to automate and refine processes
● Partner with the help desk team to create requirements, develop enhancements and/or fixes to production end user environments
● Understand and remain current on industry systems, technologies and trends including virtual and cloud computing technologies and trends
● Monitor incident management system for production issues and enter all relevant data as incidents are completed
● Lead, develop and regularly review team strategy and documentation of systems, policies and supported applications
● Maintain the inventory data, capacity and reporting of our managed systems and assets for compliance and business needs
● Solid knowledge of enterprise device management solutions
● Provide technical leadership in planning and implementing strategic technology initiatives including but not limited to upgrading, patching, security, consolidation
● Provide leadership in the direction, engineering and support for VDI solutions
● Manage project and tasks for self, provide transparency on activities conducted and have a bigger picture focus on entire team’s mission
● Manage vendor relationships and software licenses and asset lifecycles for managed systems
● Instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of virtual desktop solutions, applications and operating systems
● Strong focus on improving employee productivity and simplifying work lives
● 8+ years’ experience with VMware Horizon or related VDI systems, desktops, virtual application delivery, hardware, software, and operating systems (Windows 10, Ubuntu, RedHat)
● 5+ years’ experience with VMWare Virtualization technologies
● 3+ years’ experience with cloud infrastructures (Azure, Google Cloud)
● Senior level experience managing a 500+ virtual desktop environment
● Enhance desktop security and configuration management (GPO, AD).
● Senior level experience with Hypervisors (preferably vSphere), storage, network connectivity, security and accessibility required
● Knowledge of integrated components (Windows Server 2016\2019, AD Domain Services, AD Certificate Services, DNS, DHCP, GPO (Group Policy Objects), NTFS Permissions , Authentication & Authorization)
● Lead and mentor architecture and best practices discussions
● Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to work independently on complex issues
● Exemplary technical writing skills
● Key team member of large-scale, enterprise-wide and complex projects
● Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
● Certification in related discipline preferred.
● Senior level experience with a variety of desktop virtualization environments.
● Exposure to cloud infrastructure technologies
● Senior level experience with system monitoring solutions.
● Endpoint management systems and database technologies an asset
Valid through: 6/14/2021