BRTRC Federal Solutions is seeking a Video Teleconference Support: Engineer/Scientist/Staff
to provide support to United States Army Pacific Command (USARPAC) and US Army Network for Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) Mission Support.
The position will be at Fort Shafter and Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, but will also require travel to USARPAC assigned units in the Republic of Korea, Camp Zama Japan, Fort Buckner, Okinawa, Guam, and Forts Richardson and Wainwright, Alaska.
- Work closely with customer network engineers and other technical staff regarding technical planning, net-work design, bandwidth, and QOS considerations.
- Provide expertise and recommendations with regard to planning for future enhancements to the customer's video conferencing capabilities; such as MCU's, Gateways, Gatekeepers, System management, Conference scheduling, Enterprise solutions and collaborative technologies.
- Performs hardware/software analysis to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment.
- Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved system availability and performance. Prepares technical documentation for the integration of new VTC technologies into existing infrastructure.
- Prepare integration strategies and plan for integration of new VTC technologies into existing infrastructure.
- Manages the integration of new VTC technologies.
- Assess the maintenance and support requirements for the VTC technologies.
- Review current VTC implementation and operations and develop strategy recommendations for integration of new technology and for providing user support and maintenance.
- Develop recommendations for Concept of Operations (CONOPs) and for USARPAC VTC programs as dictated by senior USARPAC leaders.
- Monitoring the VTC network/architecture throughout USARPAC Theater of operations.
- Maintain current training on the VTC equipment.
- Install and operate video teleconference equipment to include: end points, gateways, gatekeepers, MCUs, and enterprise equipment.
- Troubleshooting of IP and ISDN based VTC equipment. Provide customer training on new installations.
- Deploy to provide on-site technical support for installation of VTC equipment when directed. Serve as lead VTC engineer in planning, implementation and project installation as required.
- Communicates with subordinate commands and other military agencies to coordinate VTCs. Research and procure VTC equipment when directed.
- Active DoD security clearance