We are looking for Video Support Technician for our client in Plano, TX
Job Title: Video Support Technician
Job Location: Plano, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This individual will assist the video collaboration team in supporting, evaluating, implementing and any redesign, re-architecture global video collaboration environment
- Ability to conduct short-and long-term planning to meet current and future collaborative requirements.
- Collaborate with other members of the network, voice and video teams to deliver, enhance and support the global video collaboration environment.
- Partner with Facilities Dept. to design collaboration spaces while balancing functionality with cost
- Consult with various business units regarding their video collaboration needs and provide ideas and solutions that further enhance the collaboration culture
- Identify the effectiveness and efficiencies of existing video collaboration systems (Polycom, Cisco etc).
- Help develop and implement strategies for improving the efficiency, reliability and performance of these systems and/or replace where necessary.
- Contribute to standard operating procedures and diagrams for the video ecosystem.
- Help establish system administration standards and procedures as it relates to any new deployment or changes to existing infrastructure.
- Manage collaboration/video issues and ensure they are promptly resolved
- Coordinate vendor escalations by acting as a bridge between the vendor?s engineering resources and company
- Contribute to workflow across change requests, documentation, ticketing, design sessions and meeting participation.
- Ensuring current and accurate documentation of current environment including user facing how to docs and training collateral
- Ensuring a consistent and reliable video collaboration environment, with careful regard to availability, connectivity, performance, and security.
- Asset lifecycle management
- At least 5years in a video conferencing role, with a range of video infrastructure and heavily involved in design and implementation within a global environment
- Experience with video collaboration services and technologies from vendors such as: Polycom, Cisco, Skype, WebEx, On24, Arkadin etc.
- Proven technical integration experience within multi-vendor conferencing environments including Skype, WebEx and other cloud and vendor technologies
- A deep understanding of current and future video conferencing protocol standards: SIP, H.323
- An understanding of network switching and routing as related to real-time communication including QOS
- Able to work independently, while at the same time demonstrating a collaborative and team work style.
- Ability to work with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior management, vendors, technical staff and end users and effectively articulate and present ideas.
- Great interpersonal skills and passion to build relationships within and across teams
- A positive team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience with Polycom private cloud is a plus