VIDEO SERVICES SPECIALIST IV (EMC-17-1546-W)
Bowhead seeks a Video Services Specialist IV with expertise in the Creative Arts for Communication with a heightened working knowledge of various production tools, lighting instruments and editing processes.
• Conceive and craft a vision for the screen or stage.
• Be an accomplished scriptwriter with 25 years of experience with the ability to assess and interpreter a client’s needs and transform them into a script for final approval.
• Possess a rounded knowledge of all video production departments to turn ideas into screen-reality through mechanical processes.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of the production process from acting to sound effects, lens selection to wardrobe, location sound to color correcting, from camera tools to music composition.
• Have a proven history producing Hollywood-Caliber Productions (and every level below it) within the confines of Government austerity measures.
• Be well-versed in creative conceptualization expressed through written communications or storyboard designs as the primary conduit for a client’s project.
• Have a firm grasp on scriptwriting for content both entertaining and informational.
• Possess the creative attributes necessary, but also the Managerial and Practical skills as well.
• Possess the aptitude to see cost benefits in creative endeavors and understand time durations for a myriad of tasks and processes across multiple departments.
• plan and implement schedules from pre-production to final distribution
• Ensure all software and hardware are up to speed with current production methods, as well as obtain the proper certifications, credentials, and training in motion picture equipment operation, audio recording and sound equipment, and scripting and special effects techniques.
• Be able to consult with management and creative staff on technology purchases or leasing, number and type of production tools available, editing processes, camera packages, and the workflow to provide an original image to final edited file.
• Provide project management in video services to include producing, directing all phases of video production, and live switching, videography at multiple events and be able to write scripts.
• Plan the pre-production, production, and post production of recorded and edited video/audio productions at both on and off site locations, and deliver completed project at required time.
• Provide cost estimates and document materials and hours worked for each project, handle minor administrative duties such as answering phones and assist customers with request forms.
• Exhibit the highest level of comprehension on the use of and engineering of the current stable of post-production processes: Avid Editing Technology; which shall also include Avid ISIS, Media Composer Nitris DX, Avid Unity, Nearchive Transfer Manager and Microsoft Windows-based computer software to include, Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium, capable to transfer, stream, store and output video/audio products to include CD, DVD, and other commercial tape products as well as any file format for web-based or social media distribution.
• Must have the highest experience in meeting broadcast quality regulations, accepted DOD, DA, industry standards, and other applicable directives, instructions, guidelines, regulations, and copyright laws.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree PLUS a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience or twenty (20) years of experience in lieu of a degree.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: This individual must currently hold a SECRET security clearance. US Citizenship is a requirement for a clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.