Provide expert level technical abilities for administration of Vanguard’s conferencing tools such as Teams, Webex, and Zoom. Including life cycle management, testing, monitoring, and configuration of new and existing communication platforms for video conferencing solutions. The scope of this role will extend to small and mid-size projects along with identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving software issues that span multiple technology domains.
In this role you will:
- Cross-department Tier 3 technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other technical service groups. Maintains, monitors, and tunes production system and applications performance (e.g., through log files). Ensures reliable operation of production and troubleshoots issues.
- Implement IT infrastructure projects with technical and client team members including SSO, LCM, and feature enablement to drive client enablement.
- Ability to obtain project approval and funding. Identifies stakeholders and works with the project team. Conduct pilots and recommends go/no-go decision.
- Identify performance issues, interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and identifies and implements opportunities to improve system and application performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Train and mentor staff and IT project teams, providing guidance and consultation as required. Update and write documentation, including project plans, operational procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Create diagrams, including technical topology.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the most complex issues related to conferencing technology solutions including providing consultations to our internal crew.
- Facilitate network traffic, security, systems monitoring and related discussions with IT and business managers.
- Work closely with project managers and developers to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions for internal and external connections.
- Comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Comply with Information Security and VSA policies and procedures. Verify deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Administer systems by actively managing patching, routine maintenance, auditing, and license management.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years industry or field experience, preferably Webex, Teams, and Zoom administration experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Expert knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts: network security, network architecture design, technical standards, and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., protocol analyzers, load generators, and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network hardware, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, OSPF, and BGP).
- Certifications – holds the Webex Contact Center Expert certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.