Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design and implement control software and drivers for video IPs in C/C++.
- Develop video compression algorithms in C/C++.
- Implement hardware blocks using High-Level Synthesis tools.
- Work with world leading codec teams and online video service providers to develop next-generation video codecs.
- Experience in C/C++ development.
- Experience working with modern video codecs (VP8, VP9, H.264, HEVC).
- Experience in hardware driver and firmware development.
- Experience in software design, problem solving and debugging.
- Experience with imaging and video algorithm development.
- Experience in high-level synthesis hardware design methodologies.
- Experience in FPGA prototyping and troubleshooting.