Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
The world's Internet data traffic is increasingly led by video. To address this challenge, Google (a member in the Alliance for Open Media) is actively developing the next-generation open and royalty free video codecs and their efficient implementations. This will affect the lives of millions of people and will connect the world’s leading online video services to a new generation of smartphones, tablets, laptops and televisions.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design video compression and image processing algorithms for hardware implementations.
- Design efficient data paths and architectures for hardware video codec and pre/post-processing functions.
- Work with world leading codec teams and video service providers to develop next-generation video codecs.
- Experience in software design, problem solving and debugging.
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience in modern video codec (HEVC, VP9, AV1) algorithm research or development.
- MS or PhD degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8years of relevant work experience in designing core algorithms for video codec implementations.
- Experience in modeling video codec hardware implementations.
- Experience in C to RTL high-level synthesis hardware design methodologies.
- Excellent C++, Python and shell programming skills.