$80K — $100K *
We are committed to building a safe and user-friendly online environment for all our users, and we are looking for Video Algorithm Engineer to join our Video Algorithm and Architecture team to support that mission and help us connect, inform, educate, entertain, and inspire.
Our team designs and optimizes the next-generation end-to-end video system (for video production, processing, delivery, and consumption) to improve the quality of experience (QoE) for our billions of users. We are looking for strong video algorithm engineers from all areas of video understanding, video processing, video coding, video streaming, and video quality assessment, etc., who have a dedication to technical excellence and a passion to build large-scale and high-performing video platforms and services.
• Design and implement adaptive video encoding algorithms at both internal and external codec levels
• Design and implement video understanding, and video processing and enhancement algorithms
• Design and validate image/video quality metrics, no-reference, and full-reference metrics
• Design and implement efficient video delivery and streaming algorithms for both Live and VOD services
• BS degree or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent fields
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, software design) and problem-solving skills
• Excellent programming, debugging, and optimization skills in one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, Python, etc.
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in one of the following areas: video understanding, video processing (denoise, super-resolution, HDR, etc.), video coding, video streaming (DASH, ABR, QoE, etc.), video quality assessment, and subjective visual quality optimization, etc.
• Collaborative mindset, with solid written and verbal communication skills
• Familiar with video coding standards (AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, AV1, and VVC, etc.)
• Experience in open-source multimedia projects (x264, x265, and FFMPEG, etc.)
• Experience in video-related applications, such as short video streaming, video transcoding, live streaming, etc.
• Experience in deep learning and neural-network-based video coding/processing/streaming algorithms
• Experience in algorithm optimization on CPU, GPU, and mobile platform, etc.
Valid through: 11/27/2020