You are a trusted client advisor who is progressive in bringing strategic counsel and creative ideas for driving business impact. You bring established media relationships with top tier business, mainstream and tech press to give voice to your client’s story. You have the ability to translate technology into stories that accrue to the cultural moment and draw in audiences in and out of the industry. You have strong experience managing a large-scale team for a technology or consumer account, love to mentor and coach and are a highly functional collaborator.
What you'll be doing at WE
- Primary responsibility includes serving as day/day strategic counsel for clients in the productivity and collaboration industry.
- Secondary responsibility includes leading a cross-functional communications team. Includes setting strategy, direction for your team.
- Manage a variety of client requests, assume responsibility and understand when to delegate to key team members as well as manage up to your leads.
- Partners with the SVP to develop and manage cross-platform/cross-channel initiatives responsible for the overall success of our clients’ marketing, communications and business goals.
- Manage a subset of the P&L to help drive business planning, budgeting and forecasting in conjunction with sector teams while remaining actively involved in aspects of account profitability, health, client service, billing and team success.
- Create and encourage the development of proactive ideas and programs outside “what’s always been done.”
- Maintain focus on industry trends and identify opportunities and watchouts 6, 12, 18+ months out on the horizon.
Team & Agency Leadership
- Operate effectively as a cross functional leader, natural collaborator and proactive self-starter.
- Create clarity from ambiguity and leverage your influence to motivate those around you to join in your vision and goals.
- Effectively share insights and information that adds value to the agency from broader growth perspective.
- Set a tone and team culture that encourages excellence and high-quality bar expectations.
- Focus on attraction, development and retention of staff; help lead educational and skills-based training efforts across the assigned office and NA account teams.
What you've been able to accomplish
- 8-10+ years of marketing and communications experience required with applicable project/program management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading and management of a diverse team.
- Proven success in establishing relationships, being a high bandwidth communicator, with a track record of excellent collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and lead clients to where the puck is going – both from an industry and communications craft perspective.
- Ability to communicate translate technology stories and altitude the story to that of a mainstream audience.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and the understanding the imperative to deliver polished work at all times.
- A strong understanding of media, from traditional media to digital strategies to third party advocacy and integrated campaigns – and understands how data can be used to inform, measure and iterate strategies.
- A thirst for knowledge and a desire to constantly enhance your skill set.