Job Summary: Participating with the Regional Executive Leadership team, will be accountable for business development, strategic planning, service line development, integrated delivery systems and physician integration strategies, alignment and acquisition opportunities, development of new services and relationships for hospitals and the Central Montana territory. Position isresponsible for coordinating state-wide business development efforts.
- Identifies new business opportunities in support of:
- SCL Health’s objectives
- The needs of the community, hospital and medical staff
- Regional strategies and opportunities
- The care site strategic plan
- The territory plan
- Service line strategic plans
- Strengthens market position by sourcing and developing new business opportunities with a special emphasis on increased ambulatory services and services needed to offer a comprehensive care continuum
- Leads formulation of strategies, business plans and financial proformas and champion the same to gain support and funding of proposed initiatives
- In collaboration with leadership, reviewsstrategic initiatives and service line growth strategies on a regular basis to identify growth opportunities and evaluate performance against business objectives
- In cases where performance varies negatively from objectives, develop and implement necessary midcourse corrections and/or implement exit strategy.
- The position has direct management and budgetary responsibility for the St. Vincent business development associates
- Leads strategic plan development with accountability for overseeing implementation/execution of defined strategies
- Creates relationships with partners to include physicians, community members, employers, payers and otherhealthcare providers
- Monitors the internal and external environments and the local market to inform strategic issues, options and recommendations for products and/or services
- Directs outreach activities to physician practices and regional hospitals
- Maintains a current physician development plan and works with physician network on physician recruitment activities
- Maintains and improves the short and long-range strategic campus development process for the Medical Center and assists in space planning by analyzing current and future trends
- Interacts with community development officials and provides all necessary documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospital, Health or Public Administration, or related master’s degree in planning is preferred.
- Seven years of experience at an executive level in healthcare management or consulting
- Previous experience with strategic planning or business development for a hospital or healthcare system (environment that is geographically distributed preferred)
- Rural health experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimumeducation, training, licensure,experience, and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of‒ Hospital organization and administration, standards and laws applicable to managing business and planning issues within hospital operations‒ Healthcare reimbursement and regulations, statistics, and planning, including development of strategic and business plans for a diverse range of healthcare services‒ Healthcare impacts and techniques for effective mergers, acquisitions and consolidations using sound forecasting techniques‒ Planning and plan development
- Skilled in sound principles of interactive planning, participatory management and influence management
- Demonstrated skills in developing a collaborative team approach within areas of responsibility
Job Number: 17008969