We are looking for an experienced and innovation oriented leader with the ability to own and drive product delivery and deployment. The role will be responsible for leading the Fortanix engineering organization. It will require managing a high performance team of software engineers, DevOps engineers, technical leaders, and engineering managers, and will work closely with the product team. The individual will be working in a fast paced environment, and will be responsible for driving the development of our market leading product portfolio.
- Lead and manage the entire product development lifecycle from an engineering perspective - from ideation, to design, to implementation, to build and packaging, to deployment.
- Define, implement, evaluate metrics and goals to ensure success of the engineering team.
- The Engineering leader needs to work very closely with the Product leader and the entire product management team to understand the roadmap and the product requirements to deliver on them and create a continuous feedback loop between Product and Engineering teams.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing the right engineering processes for consistency and high performance across the entire organization
- Manage a global team across three continents.
- Hire great engineering talent.
- The Engineering leader will be responsible for Fortanix SaaS products, which need to be architected, monitored, and managed for 100% availability.
- Continuously improve the quality of the delivered products.
- Work with the Fortanix executive team to seek and provide feedback across various functions.
- 12+ years of engineering leadership experience with ability to lead and build great teams
- Should be able to create “big picture” strategy, along with the ability to provide detailed technical guidance to the team and enable them to execute more effectively and deliver products on time
- Strong customer focus and a deep commitment to delivering high quality products with a sense of urgency
- Confidence in delivering product demonstrations, including the ability to tell a story and communicate business value in addition to product features and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. MBA preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong technical aptitude with excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud native application patterns, container ecosystem, CI/CD, DevOps technologies Experience defining, building, and delivering SaaS products on public clouds – AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done