The Vice President, Value Based Operations, in collaboration with physician and hospital leadership, is responsible for providing strategic oversight in the design, management and operations of Value Based Risk Agreements (VBAs) in the Greater Sacramento Service Area Market. The Vice President leads and coordinates the successful management for all VBAs for GSSA agreements addressing members in Capitation, Accountable Care Organizations, CMS bundles, Employer Relations and other similar arrangements. This position works collaboratively with Mercy Medical Group (MMG), Woodland Clinic Medical Group (WCMG), Hill Physician Medical Group (HPMG) and Molina Medical Group as well as the GSSA Services area Hospital Executive Management team including the Chief Physician Executive (CPE). In addition, the position will partner with the VP Population Health Management (PHM), VP/ Chief Physician Executive Director of Physician Integration and the VP of Patient Care Services.
- At least 10+ years of experience with Managed Care Network, Contracting, Provider Relations and Managed care principles.
- Physician practice management and/or physician network management experience is a plus.
- Advance capitation and capitation management skills, including a working knowledge of reimbursement methodologies.
- Bachelors degree
- High degree of advance analytical and problem solving skills and judgment with specific application to hospital, physician group, medical and financial data.
- Strong skills developing and implementing operating plans based on both financial and quality data.
- Proven skills for leading by influence by developing trust and solving complex issues in a team environment.
- Ability to recognize the need for proactive change; adapts to and motivates others to adopt values, strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions.
- Must be able to organize, plan and prioritize activities with specific attention to higher level strategies while ensuring the details are also effectively addressed.
- Proven leadership skills in working in a complex organization (managing intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally).
- Candidate should also have relevant experience and demonstrated success in business development .
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of employee supervision, management, written and verbal communication, judgment, problem-solving, presentation and public relations.
- Previous familiarity with various physician compensation plans, incentives programs and contracting arrangements is a plus
- Master's degree in health administration or other related field
Job ID 2017-38980