5 - 7 years
Posted 250 days ago
Job Number : 84741
Division : Executive
Our Company is a highly regarded, nationally-focused valuation and business advisory firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Our practitioners are experienced and credentialed specialists. Having completed hundreds of engagements for clients throughout the United States.The firm has developed a reputation among institutional investors, entrepreneurs, and executives as the company to turn to for accurate, reliable, and defensible business valuations, forensic accounting, and business advisory services. Working with companies at virtually every stage. From raw start-up to publicly-traded multinational. Our Company provides insight and assists clients in the contexts of SEC and IRS regulations, litigation, mergers, acquisitions, due diligence, decision support, and investigations for a wide range of business events and transactions.
For Our Company, the proposition is simple: we provide thehighest quality, most thorough and defensible business valuationsin theindustry. Wetakeimmense pridein ourworkand have aloyal following.
We are currently seeking a Vice President to play a significant and central role in the creation of our signature work product, in the satisfaction of our demanding clients, and in the continued growth and development of our firm.
About the Position
Among the Vice President’s specific duties will be the following:
• Oversee valuation engagements and assume responsibility for all aspects of client deliverables. Valuation product responsibilities are centered on purchase price allocations, with additional exposure to enterprise/equity valuations and complex security valuations.
• Support private equity and operating company clients as the main point of contact.
• Lead the planning, preparation, and construction of engagement proposals.
• Report and present valuation conclusions.
• Mentor, train and evaluate senior and junior team members.
• Contribute to firm thought leadership, model redevelopment, and other strategic projects.
• Identify new business opportunities and foster long-term business relationships.
• Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
Training (both formal and OJT) as well as credentialing (CFA, ASA) will play a significant role in professional development. The costs of these credentials and the training offerings best suited for completing these will be paid for by the firm.
About the Vice President
The Vice Present will play a central leadership role in the production of Our Company's valuations. This member of our team will lead all phases of engagements, working simultaneously for multiple clients, applying skills in business valuation. He or she will manage senior and junior associates on the valuation team to provide the highest quality valuation analyses in the industry.
As such,the Vice President musthave the following character attributes:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Track record of building and managing teams
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Be defined by integrity
• Enjoy working in asmall, collegial group
Together with the above, the Vice President must also possess the following:
• FOUR TO SIX YEARS OF EXPERIENCE PERFORMING PURCHASE PRICE ALLOCATIONS (ASC 805) AT AN ACCOUNTING FIRM, VALUATION BOUTIQUE, OR INVESTMENT BANK [MANDATORY]
• Demonstrated experience in complex financial modeling, analysis, and business valuation in Financial Reporting and Tax context
• Past management and team building experience
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent research, organizational, and project management skills
Finally, the Vice President should demonstrate completion of, or substantial progress towards, the following valuation credentials:
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
• Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)