Reporting to the CEO and the COO, the Vice President, U.S. & Global Business Development is a member of the senior leadership team supporting the development and effective implementation of the NCCN Strategic Plan for the advancement of the NCCN Mission and Vision. The Vice President oversees both U.S. and Global Business Development and the development of the NCCN brand worldwide. The VP works closely with other members of the NCCN senior leadership team to ensure the influence of NCCN content and the financial viability of the organization. The VP oversees multiple functional areas across the organization, including Business Development (U.S. and Global), Business Insights, Commercial Licensing, and Payer and Employer Outreach. This position requires domestic and international travel.
- In accordance with the NCCN Strategic plan, implements strategies to support relevance of NCCN Content and NCCN member institution engagement.
- Responsible for the development of U.S. and global brand and business strategies and tactics for ensuring influence of NCCN Content and revenue generation for the organization.
- Works with the NCCN senior leadership team to develop and support the NCCN strategic plan on an ongoing basis.
- Provides advice and guidance to CEO and COO in matters related to business development.
- Responsible for strategic direction and oversight of multiple organizational functions and programs, including:
- U.S. & Global Business Development
- Commercial licensing and permissions, including, Health Information Technology collaborations
- NCCN Business Insights
- NCCN Corporate Council (U.S. & Global)
- Payer and Employer outreach and initiatives
- State Oncology Society Forum and outreach
- NCCN Academy for Excellence & Leadership in Oncology: School of Pharmaceutical & Biotech Business
- Directs organization structure and processes in order to effectively and efficiently commercialize and monetize intellectual property within varied and strategic markets.
- Leads the NCCN business model for optimization of brand integrity and influence, revenue growth and the commercial optimization and broad dissemination of all NCCN Guidelines products.
- Implements business and brand strategy in harmony with Marketing and Communication team.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the business development team as well as the development and mentoring of the business development managers.
- Requires domestic and international travel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, or similar advanced degree or equivalent work experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the pharmaceutical/biotech and/or Health Information Technology industry or equivalent preferred. Oncology experience preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership/management role.
- Requires broad knowledge and experience in the fields of business development and fundraising.
- Strong capability to work from a position of influence engaging people and to set and execute strategic performance goals.
- Experience working with pharmaceutical, payer and health information technology constituencies.
- Proven excellence in organizational management with the ability to manage and develop high-performance teams, and to set and achieve strategic objectives and goals.
- Energetic, creative and forward thinking.
- General knowledge of contracting required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen as well as customer management background.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with internal staff and managers at various levels as well as external stakeholders.
- Ability to consistently interact with others in accordance with the NCCN Core Values.
- Exceptional project management skills with experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation.
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills with demonstrated record of accomplishment in new concept development for various projects.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks along a parallel process.
- Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Critical thinking skills, strategic, creative and innovative solutions to internal or external customer needs.
- Strong Pharmaceutical industry and healthcare business knowledge.
- Understanding of health information technology’s direction, trends and strategic business impact on healthcare delivery.
- Ability to proficiently use computer and good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This position represents a unique opportunity to build a career with a premier organization. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits.