The responsibility is for the complete administration of all aspects of account administration, including the following:
- Opening of the trust relationship by completion of a thorough review of all Trust Documents including Wills, Trust agreements, survey reports, deeds, leases and mortgages.
- Presentation to the Trust Administrative Committee -- Account Acceptance Documents On-boarding of all trust assets
- Meeting with the Trust Clients when possible
- Establishment of the appropriate investment management portfolio with the joinder of the Trust Investment Officer
- Establishment of reasonable disbursement budgets based upon the directions in the trust document and needs of the client
- Preparation of discretionary distribution requests for the TAC Committee
- Meetings with the client (and family when appropriate) to review all matters involving the trust relationship to set expectations and communicate the procedures, to completion of all required account documents, and to retain good will and to develop additional business.
- Responsible for response to all Trust Examiners questions, Auditor requests, meetings with attorneys, occasional personal appearances at the Court for the annual accounting approvals required on Guardianship Trusts
- Work with CPA's and other professionals in the preparation and processing of tax returns, and other required account communications.
- Meetings and coordination with outside CPA firms for the preparation of annual U.S. Fiduciary Income Tax Returns and Form 1041's
- Oversees the requests for home improvements for modifications needed for handicap beneficiaries
- Work with contractors, realtors for those improvements and/or purchase or sale of properties -- homes, lots and land.
- Oversees the proper fee collection on all trust relationships in conformity with current fee schedules in effect or stipulated in the trust documents.
- Candidate must be pro-active in the development of new Trust business by working with Attorneys & CPA's and actively participate in Cadence Trust hosted Continuing Legal Presentations for the State Bar of Texas where Cadence Bank provides marketing sponsorships and interact with the attorneys in attendance.
- Will also be a member of the Trust Administration Committee and should also accept any other management appointed duties and responsibilities.
- 5-8 years relevant experience required
- College degree required
- Advanced degree/Law degree preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disabilit