Vets First Choice
At Vets First Choice, we change the way veterinarians do business. With multiple locations across the country, Vets First Choice provides veterinary practices with an outstanding online pharmacy and home delivery service that improves medication compliance, simplifies inventory management, and grows practice revenue. For the past 6 years, Inc. magazine has recognized us as one of the fastest growing companies in the country and we want you to come grow with us!
The Vice President of Treasury and Tax serves as the global tax and treasury executive and is responsible for the tax and treasury matters of the corporation and global subsidiaries in planning, advising and managing the tax and treasury risk on behalf of the company. Responsible for identifying, developing, implementing, and managing tax and treasury strategies to help minimize the overall tax cost and treasury implications to enhance the value to internal and external stakeholders. This position is a key member of the team in proactively identifying opportunities to add value to the business requiring a team player that is highly organized, responsible and flexible and has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- The steward of the financial assets including overall leadership of the cash management, debt management, investment management functions.
- Lead the treasury function responsible for banking relationship management, corporate liquidity, investments and credit facility compliance.
- Directs the development and revision of financial policies for capital structure, working capital, treasury operations, foreign exchange and interest rate risk management, and insurance risk management.
- Directs capital markets, borrowing, investing, foreign exchange, treasury operations, financialrisk management and corporate finance initiatives.
- Supervises the maintenance of internal controls designed to safeguard corporate assets and the integrity of its fiscal systems.
- Oversees management of treasury strategies, operations and financial policies.
- Responsible for worldwide financialrisk management and for maintaining relevant business insurance lines of coverage and negotiates credit agreements.
- Develops and monitors annual treasury budget.
- Keeps the board informed of key financialevents, trends, concerns, and assessment of finances. Completes financial reporting and makes available to the board.
Merger &Acquisition Tax:
- Assist with the project management, structuring, contract negotiation and providing of tax advice for M&A transactions, reorganizations, joint ventures, special investments, etc.
- Coordinate and lead the tax due diligence and integration processes for M&A transactions
- Work closely with internal functions such as Legal, Accounting, Controllers, Treasury and Corporate Development, with respect to all aspects of M&A transactions, including interfacing with outside advisors and coordinating with internal teams to ensure all tax considerations are properly reflected in structuring, negotiations and execution
- International Tax Planning:
- Identify opportunities and develop international tax strategies and planning ideas
- Provide tax advice related to the U.S. federal income tax consequences of internal restructurings and business reorganizations
- Work closely with internal functions such as Legal, Accounting, Controllers, Treasury and Corporate Development to timely and effectively execute transactions
General Tax Advice:
- Maintain current knowledge of existing and proposed tax laws, rulings, regulations and other tax developments sufficient to provide advice to management and develop advice on specific transactions and issues; understand the relevant impact, recommend and implement responsive action to manage existing positions and capture new opportunities
- Assist with preparing or reviewing various financial models related to tax projects
- Oversee the coordination of project implementation and taxreporting with the tax compliance & tax accounting groups within Corporate Tax
- Advise on employee compensation and general partner carry issues in coordination with the Product Tax group, Employee Benefits, Human Resources, Payroll and Executive Compensation teams
- Research, analyze and document uncertain tax positions to support conclusions on various issues as required
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners to ensure that Tax is appropriately integrated with the business so that the Tax Department gets the necessary information from the businesses and communicates necessary information back to the business
- Build relationships with outside legal and accounting service providers for purposes of keeping abreast of best practices, etc.
- Managers within the Global Tax and Treasury Department
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required.
- Master's Degree in Finance or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of business experience with a track record of accomplishments in a senior tax and treasury
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPA or other Tax Certifications preferred
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Broad financial and operational experience enabling career growth into other leadership roles required.
- Comprehensive understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements required.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a collaborative manner as an integrated member of the management team required.
- Experience presenting at board of directors and executive officer levels required.
- High degree of integrity and ethical standards required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) required.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to lead through influence and network across the organization
- Ability to effectively work and build relationships with employees at all levels within the organization and with external partners
- Ability to balance the requirements of a sound control environment with the operational needs of the business
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Proven strategic planning capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent business acumen