Radial Inc, formerly an eBay company, enable retailers and brands to drive consumer engagement experiences across all touch points of the purchase lifecycle?anytime, anywhere and on any device. Radial's Omnichannel Operations capabilities are tailored to meet business needs with speed and quality. Radial owns and operates 23 fulfillment centers and four call centers domestically and internationally with the aim to serve customers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The VP, Transportation is an individual with a strong level of expertise in domestic freight. They bring a skillset in logistic strategy, network design, implementation and ongoing performance, all while helping drive excellence within transportationdistribution for our fulfillment operations.
- Create and execute strategies to improve business process productivity and reduce freight costs while improving business profitability
- Implement change in organizational structures, and logistics infrastructure within our fulfillment/distribution operations
- Support logistics/transportation process changes in fulfillment such as routing compliance and distribution optimization etc.
- Manage domestic inventoryassociated with freight target levels and reduction goals
- Drive supplier development related to delivery performance within fulfillment facilities, in addition to making improvements on vendor/supplier delivery performance
- Identify and implement logistics process/network changes impacting overall order fulfillment including (but not limited to) shipment consolidation project, inbound warehousing and transportationnetwork, etc.
- Benchmark and utilize as a 3rd party, tools and systems to drive world-class logistics management processes
- Utilize robust KPI's
- Serve as a relationship manager with Retailers for optimizing processes being implemented in distribution.
- Work closely with business development to implement optimized logistics and warehousing locations to align with distribution footprint changes.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree is desirable .
- At least 8-10 years of hands-on experience in a leadership role with 6-8 years of progressive experience within multisite high level transportation activities
- Heavy transportation solutions working with high volume and small parcel packages eCommerce and third party logistics experience strongly preferred
- Experience negotiating carrier contracts working with USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. International helpful.
- Background constantly monitoring and reporting on performance
- Influence in a collaborative manner while ensuring implementation of world-class processes.
- Adept at working with a vision of tools and techniques to optimize a complex logistics network for domestic and global freight
- Ability to communicate and plan effectively with commercial channel leaders and customers, while employing strong strategic business skills working with sales and customers
- Excellent people management and interpersonal relationship skills
- Knowledge of systems and computer operations; exposure to WMS is helpful.
- Capable of devoting 30%-50% of time to traveling