- Vice Presidents and above are officers of the firm and equity owners.
- Compensation includes base with attractive/achievable bonus opportunity and equity alongside other benefits.
- Outstanding career track with opportunity to earn promotions in meritocracy environment. Firm has historically high employee promotion track record.
- Work on an investment banking platform without independence conflicts experienced in the big four.
- We team closely with our corporate finance and restructuring colleagues across all our industry platforms, on a variety of projects and accounts.
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice is looking to add talented financial due diligence professionals at the Vice President level to our growing team.
- As a professional in the group, you will be teamed with a highly talented and dedicated group of M&A professionals, providing you broad exposure to different transactional issues affecting businesses within the M&A market today.
- We offer a unique opportunity to work in a variety of industries on an investment banking platform, providing exposure to the broader corporate finance, capital markets and restructuring groups.
- You will develop and extend your financial and interpersonal skills as you perform M&A financial diligence procedures related to the purchase and sale of private and public companies.
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously including deal teams of up to three (3) Analysts and/or Associates
- Assist in leading discussions with senior client executives and target management
- Execute and review diligence through fieldwork, management meetings and desktop review
- Review target company historical and projected financial information and other data to identify:Financial, operating and commercial trends;
- Adjustments impacting the quality and sustainability of the target's earnings;
- working capital and net debt considerations, and
- potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation and negotiation of the target company
- Draft and review tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, achievability of management's budget, indebtedness considerations, and post-transaction working capital analysis
- Develop and review financial models including database systems
- Oversee and summarize first generation research
- Extend industry skills and qualifications
- Develop professional network and relationships with firm, client and target professionals
- Review transaction agreements, customer and supplier contracts and develop deal considerations
- Assist in initiating and extending group marketing and client development efforts
- Collaborate closely with corporate finance, valuation and financial restructuring colleagues
- A minimum of 2 years of audit experience and 4 years of financial due diligence experience (or combination thereof) with a Big 4 firm
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong current knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including transaction related issues
- Demonstrated understanding and application of capital markets and valuation concepts
- Strong analytical abilities
- Demonstrated professional achievement and client service excellence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and common database systems
- Ability and desired willingness to travel
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, and have a demonstrated ability and desire to work cooperatively with team members and client professionals
- Industry concentration is encouraged