Reporting to the SVP, Global Human Resources, the Vice President, Total Rewards will oversee all elements of global compensation and benefits across Waters, directly responsible for developing, implementing, and leading the Total Rewards strategies for the Company.
In this newly created position, the VP Total Rewards will conduct compensation and benefits best practice reviews, prepare Executive Committee and Compensation Committee proposals, establish metrics for evaluation of program success, and engage management in program design in support of business objectives and financial impact.
- Participate in creating the overall Total Rewards philosophy aligned with the Company’s values and vision.
- Design, develop, implement, and lead compensation and benefits strategies and programs to align with corporate and business strategies and support business success.
- Manage Waters Corporation's Total Rewards portfolio including all components of compensation (base salary, incentives, equity) and benefits (health, retirement, wellness) to ensure program designs are market competitive and fiscally sound.
- Partner with the CEO, SVP, HR and external executive compensation consultant on design, recommendations, analysis and implementation of executive compensation program.
- Manage the Compensation Committee agendas, oversee the preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee, participate in Compensation Committee meetings and interact directly with Compensation Committee.
- Plan and participate in investor outreach discussions on executive compensation matters.
- Directs the management of Waters' benefits plans globally including reporting and analysis, design, cost management, administration, customer service, communication and vendor management.
- Executes compensation management processes and implements fiscally sound base pay salary structures, variable pay plans and other employee recognition opportunities that will support Waters' strategic compensation.
- Stays current on legislation, trends, marketplace changes, and advances and make recommendations to ensure competitiveness and compliance in all relevant markets.
- Direct the preparation and distribution of Total Rewards communications.
- Work in partnership with sales management on design, implementation and benchmarking of sales compensation programs.
- Consult with and provide direction, guidance and resolution to global HR staff and managers on compensation issues.
- Coordinate with HRIS and BT staff to ensure that the needed level of reporting and record keeping is developed and maintained. Ensure appropriate technology is maximized to administer all compensation programs.
- Partner with Corporate Finance and Legal on the design and administration of compensation and benefits plans.
- Participate in M&A activity and the management and integration of compensation and benefit requirements.
- Responsible for mobility strategy, program and policies
- BA/BS Degreerequired; Master’s degreepreferred
- 15+ years progressive experience in HR/Compensation/Benefits specialist and leadership roles
- CCP/CEBS/CBP certification preferred
- Experience in a global, publicly held company
Competencies and leadership behaviors
- Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of compensation and benefit plans, techniques and theories including base salary, merit programs, short-term incentives, equity programs, health and wellness plans, retirement plans and recognition programs.
- A broad global perspective and expertise in the design and implementation of compensation and benefits programs in a global organization.
- Strong business acumen and project management skills.
- Executive-level verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in presenting to executive management and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Subject matter expertise with knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial concepts especially related to tax and accounting treatment, SEC regulations and filings, proxy disclosures and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Disciplined leader managing with facts, data and clear metrics.
- Takes a solutions-oriented approach and crafts innovative solutions to challenges.
- Proven track record of building cross-functional coalitions to advance our goals and produce results.
- Engaging leader who proactively develops people and teams and inspires top performance.
Req. # 7995