- Establishes strong partnerships with senior management, HR Segment leaders, Finance Leaders and Group HR leaders to ensure alignment and integration of compensation and benefit programs within Sodexo NORAM.
- Establishes short and long-term objectives and develops the framework for policies, programs and strategies.
- Cultivates a compensation and benefits philosophy and culture and develops communications and programs to improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Guides the development of benefit, compensation, and equity programs including health and welfare, savings, work life initiatives, base pay, stock, incentive pay, sales compensation, executive compensation, and exempt and non-exempt benefit programs
- Evaluates and implements short- and long-term compensation and benefit plans which continue to evolve.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing benefits and compensation policies, procedures and programs. Identifies and implements revisions as well as new plans/programs which are cost effective, consistent with compensation and benefit trends, in alignment with corporate objectives and which are seen as best in class.
- Provides guidance to corporate compensation and benefits staff.
- Benchmarks against best practices to ensure programs are current with regard to trend, practices, company philosophy and competitive environment to enhance recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Ensures Company programs are administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Understands subtleties of the Collective Bargaining process and the unions’ impact in both the political and operational arena: views collective bargaining issues from a global compensation and benefits perspective. Understands the unions’ role in the political arena and the impact on the compensation and benefits arena.
- Optimizes compensation and benefits expenditures through benchmarking, in-depth analysis, market insights, vendor analysis and/or reallocating costs to yield the highest ROI. Ensures that budgets and department financial performance comply with business strategic initiatives and budget requirements.
- Recruits, selects and manages staff to achieve strategic objectives, consistent with best organizational practices in diversity, interdependent work style and intellectual collaboration. Actively promotes, drives and supports workplace diversity initiatives. Manages performance and succession planning process for team, identifying ways to encourage and support direct and indirect reports as they work toward achieving business objectives.
- Motivates employees to excel by providing ongoing and meaningful feedback and well as incentives and other recognition vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of Total Rewards experience; in managing compensation and benefits programs and large H&W plans
- Strong knowledge of ERISA and working knowledge of MEPP
- Must have experience managing self-funded insurance plans
- Must have strong experience working for a large multi- national organization managing global as well as regional compensation & benefit programs
- CCP and CBP certification preferred
- Familiarity with Union benefit plans is preferred
- M&A experience preferred
Responsible for the development and execution of a compensation and benefits philosophy and strategy that provides best in class programs in order to attract and retain outstanding talent and drive employee engagement. As a thought leader, ensures that the company's compensation and benefits programs, including salary planning and administration, executive and variable compensation and benefit plans, are strategically aligned with business objectives, goals and strategies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years of experience in Total Rewards; managing compensation and benefits programs and large H&W plans