Finding the right fit
We’re seeking a Vice President of Telecommunications who has the passion to grow, lead, and inspire a division. You’ll be at the center of defining our strategy to expand telecommunications company-wide and oversee its success. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a visionary mindset, and the internal drive to challenge the status quo to achieve results.
Your vast experience in the telecommunications industry and proven skills in business development will gain you a seat at the table to play an integral role on our company’s management team.
On any given day, you’ll
- Pursue opportunity for business development in telecommunications, including client contact, marketing initiatives, and monitoring client and partner satisfaction.
- Develop an annual strategic business plan for the telecommunications division with emphasis on growth, financial planning, capital purchases, marketing, and training initiatives.
- Act as a company Ambassador in the community and actively engage in civic and professional organizations.
- Foster an environment that lends itself to staff development, allowing staff to feel competent, supported, and driven toward career development.Telecommunications staff members are located at several office locations, so spending time at each location is important.
- Understand and adhere to corporate policies/procedures while preparing and overseeing quality assurance and control procedures.
- Build and maintain respectful working relationships with fellow management and leadership that allow you to engage in decision making.
- Prepare, negotiate, and approve contract documents, including scope of work, project schedule, and fee estimates provided by group project managers.
- Oversee the production of all project work, ensuring that the work is produced on schedule, profitably, and in conformance with quality standards of the firm and the requirements of the contract.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- A minimum of 15 years of combined experience in the following:
- Managing a business unit
- Providing solutions for the network engineering/planning industry
- Business development
- Project management
- Staff mentoring
- Willingness to travel to any company location on a regular basis.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Ability to think outside the box to generate creative ideas and inspire your team.
- Passion for representing the company in a professional manner and establishing relationships.
- A well-established existing network of contacts in the telecommunications industry.
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and all ideas flow freely.
- Desire to travel to any office location and capitalize on opportunity.
- Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities to others to handle multiple priorities.
- Proven success in meeting goals and objectives of annual business plans and budget, including revenue and profitability, staffing, workload backlog, billing, accounts receivable, ROI on capital purchases, and image development.
- A master’s degree in engineering or business is a plus.