OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for serving as an integral member of the market senior executive team and having overall information system and technology responsibilities for HealthCare Partners. Serves as local leadership local onsite IT teammates to drive discussion and decision-making on system capabilities and technology potentials. Ensures optimum utilization of current systems and capabilities and leverages technology to maximize efficiencies and profitability. Formulates, develops and executes technology strategies and business development plans to enhance and grow the presence of HCP Nevada in new and existing markets in alignment with the business strategy and objectives of the organization.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) NV commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Drives critical business and technology projects through to completion by collaborating with local and national resources.
- Contributes to the development of strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Provides leadership and guidance in the creation of an effective organizational structure which identifies opportunities for collaboration, shared services and alignment.
- Identifies accountability systems to enhance operating effectiveness, leverage best practices and develop improved work tools and processes.
- Advises the senior executive team on technology, information systems and policy matters and maintains continuous lines of communication by keeping the national CIO informed of all critical issues.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and to address organizational challenges.
- Assesses the success of existing partnerships and implements modifications to enhance business performance.
- Serves as a key spokesperson for HCP NV to various external constituencies and potential business partners to implement the organization’s strategic business development plan.
- Serves as the management liaison to effectively communicate and present all matters of importance.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Degree in Information Systems (or other similar technical degree), Health Care Administration or Business Administration.
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Over 10 years of senior management level experience leading technology teams to solve diversified business challenges.
- Experience with integrating diverse organizations and leading significant performance improvement efforts.
- Healthcareexperience and knowledge on EMR and practice management systems in the healthcare setting
- Public company experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Excellent Program/Project Management abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Access, Excel, Word, Project).
- Strong skills in strategic planning and business and market development.
- Strong operational abilities.
- Excellent ability to oversee large projects that require problem identification, data synthesis, creation of options, recommendations and implementation skills.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated and disciplined.
- Creative, focused, articulate and strong work ethic.
- Excellent, concise communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong ability to utilize and influence resources not under direct control.
- Ability to unify and motivate employees behind a strategic mission and business initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with excellent track record in building, managing, developing and retaining high functioning senior executive teams.
- Knowledge of innovative management principles and application of those principles to strengthen individual and business performance.
- Understands innovative, cutting-edge technology and how to use technology to improve business processes and operational effectiveness.
- Full understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Excellent financial acumen and superior analytical abilities.
- Capable of thinking strategically about financial implications and alternatives as they relate to business planning and strategies.
- Ability to react with a sense of urgency to achieve mutually-agreed upon objectives and timeframes for completion despite obstacles, time pressures and changing business conditions.