We operate in the fields that are defining the future of technology and society as a whole. From the Internet of Things to FinTech, Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence, we have the opportunity to work with the disruptors, challengers, and leaders that are driving the market forward, including HP, Nissan, and others.
As the tech industry, has evolved, so has Edelman. We’ve won multiple awards (including a Cannes Golden Lion) for our work with Adobe, helped Samsung build a global reputation with staying power and positioned Blue Apron as a category leading start-up and true industry disruptor.
Recognizing that today almost every company has a tech innovation story to tell, we work with brands large and small across everything from food to fitness, finance to clean energy. Our subject matter experts work with our teams in creative, consumer marketing, public affairs and digital, developing 360- degree solutions that target everyone from policy makers to developers and shareholders to customers.
Edelman New York's Corporate & Public Affairs practice seeks a stellar Vice President to join the Technology team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead operational and financial performance of account teams, ensuring quality work, effective processes and that client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion
- Expertly counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others
- Set and lead integrated traditional and social strategic media relations programs
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, the Edelman global network to serve and grow business
- Lead staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews and overseeing their professional development
- Lead new business development, RFP responses and client acquisitions
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 8+ years of relevant experience in communications strategy and public relations. Experience with digital/social platforms is a plus but not required
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Has a strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency sides
- Has a track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals
- Is an empathetic people manager, with the confidence, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit necessary to manage a team
- Demonstrates advanced writing, editing and presentation-development skills; project management skills; and consultative skills (including effective questioning, critical thinking, client management and communication methodology application)
- Is passionate about client service, new ways of thinking and team work
- Brings a commitment to advancing the vision of the Edelman Technology practice both internally and externally
- Loves to pitch, present and win new business