O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 242 days ago
This role will be the driving force that collaborates with business and technical teams around the globe to make sure the Technical Program Managers team deliver world class payment solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all while maintaining a strong customer focus. Leads team by working with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting our customers’ needs. By interacting with multiple technical teams understands commonality and variability of the solutions under development and will help your team deliver a platform made of reusable and configurable capabilities. Oversee and orchestrate team members to successfully deliver those solutions on-time and within budget. This is a key role in our focus on continuous improvement of our processes. This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Technical Program ManagementDigital, Marketing Business Services and Loyalty.
o Are you comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve?
o Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as well as drilling into architecture with development teams and then drive the project development process?
o Do you enjoy coaching and developing a fast growing team and improve organizational efficiency?
• Interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
• Regularly meet with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features.
• In collaboration with business and technical team, manage a portfolio of projects from their inception to delivery.
• Oversee execution of multiple parallel projects, manage their communication plans, identify and mitigate risks at multiple levels, as well as prevent and resolve issues when necessary.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Maximize teams’ resources for the greater good of the organization, across business, development and Technical Program Management.
• Make sure Agile and Lean best practices are applied to software development lifecycle, contribute to improvement of Mastercard software development practices.
• Build and grow a diverse team able to meet present and future needs of Global Payment Services organization, by attracting and retaining highly professional and motivated Technical Program Managers
• Identify your team members’ areas of development and coach them to improve their performance
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Be a champion of program management and operational excellence, also establishing metrics for measuring performance and improvements in these areas
• Is always on the lookout for ways to improve our software development lifecycle (SDLC) as well as increasing the quality of our product and overall efficiency of our internal and external processes.
All About You
• Team management experience with medium sized teams
• Hands on project management experience, driving technology projects (software development and application infrastructure) with aggressive schedules.
• A solid CS foundation including advanced experience in a software engineering role, familiarity with scalability issues and multi-tiered solutions.
• Excellent team management, organizational and technical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences.
• Quantitative analytical abilities.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
• Strong familiarity with agile methodologies.
• Proven ability to interact with customers and/or partners
• UserExperienceDesign skills is a plus