We are seeking a highly talented and motivated leader to own Technical Operations. The right person for this role wants to be apart of a culture that values autonomy, a sense of shared ownership, and a passion to build world-class infrastructure. You will be expected to be hands-on, working with the techops and engineering teams to scale the global infrastructure, systems, and processes powering the Marqeta technology platform. You will have a significant impact on the technology infrastructure and the business.
- A strong inspiring leader who listens, mentors and motivates the talented teams to drive Marqeta’s explosive growth
- Establish and communicate a clear vision and direction for TechOps at Marqeta
- Support, grow, and empower the teams responsible for data center operations, Infrastructure, NetOps, Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, and Corp IT
- Lead collaboration with the Product, Engineering, Security and Compliance teams to design and build world-class infrastructure that enables 24x7 high performance/availability to meet the needs of the business
- Lead the team to design and build global disaster recovery automation across multiple clouds and colocation sites that enables world-class business continuity
- Partner with the CTO and Finance to manage the multi-million dollar TechOps budget
- Primary contact for cross-functional teams such as BD, Customer Success, and Compliance as needed to support the needs of our customers and partners as it relates to infrastructure
- A desire to build and scale Technical Operations at a rapidly growing technology company
- A passion for delivering and managing global, highly available, fault tolerant infrastructure at scale
- An understanding and appreciation for the culture and intensity of a fast moving fintech startup company
- 10+ years building and managing teams responsible for technical operations at scale
- 4+ years experience with AWS cloud environments in production
- Experience designing and deploying hybrid data center infrastructure including disaster recovery automation
- Comfort working with open source and SaaS tools vs traditional on-prem enterprise vendors
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in payments or financial services
- Experience working in a high automated environment
- Professional experience with PCI-DSS and SSAE 16 (SOC)
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!