premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands. From our iconic Sunday coupon insert, SmartSource Magazine®, to our innovative digital savings platforms like Checkout 51, News America Marketing’s advertising and promotion programs are an integral part of America’s shopping routine. We reach millions of consumers each day through our network of 1,950+ publications1, 55,880+ retail stores2, and mobile savings apps. Since 1988, we have delivered advertising and promotions that are proven to help brands succeed. 1NAM market list effective October 2016. 2Based on an aggregate of NAM cycle 1, 2017 Coupon Machine for all classes of trade with the exception of specialty stores that accept only Carts or Shelftalk.
Role Overview/ Responsibilities:
- Lead sales team in achieving sales goals through building strong relationships with key retail/CPG stakeholders as a credible business partner.
- Develop and promote the company’s in-market presence.
- Develop and execute retailer/customer strategies for growth.
- Fluent with all products/services and ability to sell in a strategic and integrated manner.
- Statistically manage the business (Salesforce proficiency preferred).
- Identify and establish relationships with key decision makers at all assigned retailers and key clients.
- Drive internal collaboration through the formation of solid working relationships.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of retail/customer strategic objectives, priorities, shoppers, decision-making process and KPIs.
- Train, develop and manage members of sales team in both consultative selling skills and NAM operating principles.
- Oversee projects/initiatives to support short and long term growth of office/territory. Managerial oversight, model the expected behavior and professionalism consistent with company policies and practices.
- Strong history of leading sales teams and achieving assigned sales/profit objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of the Retail (preferably Walmart and Sam’s Club), CPG, advertising and digital media/incentives industries with an emphasis on Shopper Marketing expertise.
- Strong analytical skills (Finance, sales goals, accounting, compensation plans).
- Ability to understand, connect and leverage insights to support recommendations and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage several direct reports.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to establish and grow strong working relationship both internally and externally.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and consultative selling skills.
- Ability to lead projects and galvanize cross-functional teams.
- 5-10 years of relevant business experience
- Minimum four years experience selling/managing Walmart relationship with history of developing/implementing account-specific marketing programs with Walmart.
- Minimum four year management experience
- Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) and Salesforce
- Required travel to clients and agencies based on business needs
- Familiarity with IRI (syndicated and panel), RSI, Nielsen and Spectra
- Actively participates in task force and other initiatives intended to compliment the continued development and progress of the organization at large as determined appropriate by senior management