TNTP seeks a full-time Vice President for our Client Team. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. Travel up to40% annually is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP's Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. Our organization is virtual, with some of us based in district/site-based offices, others based in TNTP’s central office, and the rest working remotely from home offices across the country.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Vice President plays a critical role in setting vision and strategy and strengthening TNTP’s culture to become more equitable and inclusive. The Vice President will report to the Executive Vice President and set the vision, goals and culture for his/her department, and will lead work across TNTP’s portfolio including talent, academics and environments that foster student success.
We expect our Vice President to:
- Have a unique vision for high-quality teacher preparation and development at scale. You’re a strategy setter who can generate innovative and nuanced solutions to our partners’ most complex challenges, provide strategic vision, anticipate challenges, and assess the effectiveness of our work. You understand how individual teachers grow their practice over time and can translate that into a portfolio of teacher preparation services aligned to TNTP’s mission and strategic plan that will help us and our partners achieve our goals for students at the classroom, school and system levels.
- Possess a breadth and depth of knowledge about the current state and future possibilities in teacher preparation and development. You make it a point to stay current on best practices and innovative approaches in teacher preparation and development, and you’re not afraid to leverage different schools of thought or develop entirely new approaches to teacher preparation to meet the needs of your partners, even if it means challenging the status quo.
- Translate strategy into effective partnerships. You can translate your vision for teacher development and improving studentoutcomes across a variety of contexts into effective partnerships with school districts, states, charter management organizations and communities. You consider the political, economic and social context of our partners, and adjust the delivery of our work as needed.
- Authentically collaborate with a variety of stakeholders. You’re energized at the opportunity to work alongside colleagues on one of TNTP’s long-established areas of work. You believe that our best work can only be done through engaging diverse perspectives and are intentional about seeking out opportunities to involve partners along the way.
- Motivate and influence others to act. We’re counting on your ability to develop strong relationships with senior level district, state, charter management organization and community partners, investing them in your vision for TNTP’s work.
- Lead and support business development. You understand and consider external conditions that affect the organization’s work, actively advocate for change, and successfully lead sales efforts with new and existing partners that align to strategic priorities, ensuring we meet budget and revenue targets. You have a strong external network, in depth knowledge of the teacher development landscape and market and can build relationships and identify options for new sources of funding for TNTP at the local and national level.
- Hire, develop, manage and retain talent. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to hire, onboard, manage and develop TNTP’s amazing people. You create and lead an inclusive work environment and shape a department that reflects TNTP’s unique culture and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
What You Bring:
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity to drive innovation and quality, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- Strong familiarity and expertise with teacher preparation and development, including demonstrated senior-level experience leading and implementing teacher preparation and development programs and training
- Proven experience shaping a long-term vision for teacher preparation and development, and driving strategies and change management efforts to achieve objectives
- A deep understanding of a variety of different approaches to teacher preparation and development, and innovative ideas about what the future could be, at scale
- Deep expertise in motivating and influencing others to act - including peers, direct reports, and other stakeholders
- Comfort and ability to successfully represent TNTP externally and lead sales efforts with new and existing clients and funders
- Experience leading and developing an engaged, diverse, inclusive and effective department that delivers work of the highest quality and meets goals
- Strong experience in managing budgets and maintaining the fiscal health and sustainability of assigned projects
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.