The Vice President of Talent Acquisition will join a large, dynamic, and mission-driven recruiting team within the IU Health Human Resources function. Reporting directly into the Chief Human Resources Officer, this leader will develop and execute the organization’s system-wide strategies in support of the full talent acquisition life cycle for IU Health. They will be responsible for leading a team that fills all open positions across the system, in the shortest time possible, with the highest quality candidates.
Additional opportunities include:
- Leading a unified team of approximately 90 talent acquisition leaders and team members, who are accountable for recruitment of all job families including nursing, clinical, non-clinical, professional, physician, and executive.
- Partnering with Human Resources leadership and key business executives to advance staffing plans and strategies that will ensure high quality, diverse, and cultural/organizational fit throughout the recruitment and hiring process, as well as support peak hiring trends.
- Improving the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process across the health system to be innovative, candidate-friendly, and expeditious – providing the organization with a competitive advantage in the healthcare recruitment space.
- Developing a system recruitment strategy that will build and maintain active diverse candidate pipelines for hard-to-fill, high volume, and/or critical positions.
- Leaning into ideation and creation of recruitment strategies through encouraging and facilitating brainstorming and idea sharing to solve problems.
- Maximizing the utilization of recruitment tools (including but not limited to applicant tracking system, background check vendor, reference check tool, etc.) to streamline the selection process as well as ensure the best/right tool is in place, utilized consistently, provides a best-in-class candidate experience, and delivers results at any volume of recruitment.
- Building a marketing strategy to promote IU Health as an employer of choice and to identify advertising channels that will general applicant flow of a high quality to fill open positions.
- Delivering exceptional customer service with a primary focus on operational excellence, proactive, competitive, and cost-effective recruitment solutions.
- Developing and maintaining networking relationships with community organizations, colleges and universities, alumni organizations, industry organizations, team members and colleagues’ contacts to help identify and source qualified talents.
- Utilizing and presenting metrics (for example, time to fill, attrition, diversity, cost, turnover, etc.) to monitor, transform, and improve team performance.
- Ensuring OFCCP, ADA/EEO guidelines are enforced and abided, ensuring staffing requirements are met in accordance with legal guidelines. Ensuring all regulatory requirements and guidelines for the talent acquisition process are met.
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
Key Relationships/Peers: Chief Learning Officer, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Executive Director – HR Operations, Regional HR Vice Presidents (9), Vice President – HR Leadership, Vice President - Total Rewards and Shared Services
Candidates for the position will be selected from a diverse pool and will be evaluated according to the following criteria and competencies.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, related field, or equivalent years of experienced required, Master's degree preferred.
- Requires 7-10 years of relevant experience, with 7+ of Human Resources leadership experience preferred, including 3-5 of best practice talent acquisition experience.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of recruitment best practices in both high volume and specialty recruitment.
- Requires knowledge of ATS and how to leverage data analytics for improved performance.
- Requires experience in matrix organization and complex work environment.
- Experience negotiating both retained and contingency search agreements. Experience working with large, nationally based search firms on C-suite searches.
- Demonstrated excellence in leading teams, especially through change and the implementation of new programs and processes.
- Demonstrated success in filling open positions with passive candidates.
- A track record of leading recruitment efforts in support of marque companies and supporting the objective of becoming the employer of choice.